cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install G751JM wireless driver

HatsuneMeepo
Level 7
I am having trouble with installing Wireless Driver. I tried many times with many different drivers, but it does not work. most of the times it tells me this "Error 'Update.cpp 1205' has occurred and Setup cannot continue." I am using ROG G751JM
anybody can help me? I'm tired sitting next to a modem with a Internet cable
4 REPLIES 4

qngage
Level 7
maybe you should uninstall all driver that you previously install, then let windows install the driver? works for me...

ROGTWAT
Level 7
I was going to suggest that too, normally Windows does a great job of finding and installing the correct driver all by itself.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10

HatsuneMeepo wrote:
I am having trouble with installing Wireless Driver. I tried many times with many different drivers, but it does not work. most of the times it tells me this "Error 'Update.cpp 1205' has occurred and Setup cannot continue." I am using ROG G751JM

HatsuneMeepo, what driver is already installed for your Wireless driver? Check in Programs and Features. Look at the name / version, then match that name / version to a newer-higher version number.

The Qualcomm/Athereos package names are similar, but there are distinct version sequences for each type, look at the left most number and match up starting there.

Windows will find a driver, but it is usually older than the newest - not always, but often enough to make an effort to get a newer one from Asus or the OEM site.

If you have an older router getting the newest driver usually is the best idea, compatibility fixes are the fixes found in newer drivers.

If you already installed the original driver, and can't remember which version/name it was to begin with, you can use the drivers listed in the G751JM support site, try all 4 there - at least 1 will work and then you will know the name/version series and can then look for a new one in the main WLAN driver support area.

G751JM support area, Wireless drivers
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G751JM&hashedid=H1PGPvZ0ODsnDxTf

Here are the 4 choices, 1 will work, uninstall what you have been trying, all packages - only leave 1 installed at a time.

Notebook WLAN drivers (no Intel)
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=WLAN&os=3

If you are still having problems, please post the name / version you have installed now and we can try to find one that will install for you.

hmscott
Level 12
HatsuneMeepo wrote:

HatsuneMeepo, what driver is already installed for your Wireless driver? Check in Programs and Features. Look at the name / version, then match that name / version to a newer-higher version number.

The Qualcomm/Athereos package names are similar, but there are distinct version sequences for each type, look at the left most number and match up starting there.

Windows will find a driver, but it is usually older than the newest - not always, but often enough to make an effort to get a newer one from Asus or the OEM site.

If you have an older router getting the newest driver usually is the best idea, compatibility fixes are the fixes found in newer drivers.

Notebook WLAN drivers (no Intel)
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=WLAN&os=3

If you are still having problems, please post the name / version you have installed now and we can try to find one that will install for you.