cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtuwatt product key issue

adamsyes
Level 8
It seems that virtuwatt license gets removed when you update Intel drivers.
Seriously guys..

FYI when properly installed with latest nvidia driver, it actually does a good job. I love the software, but it's clearly in a form of "beta". Half the time it doesn't work. My FPS and gpu temp have been better when VirtuWatt is running.

4 REPLIES 4

edmak1804
Level 7
Ill be honest, it seems the general consensus of this forum that the virtuwatt drivers cause more harm then good. Not sure if its just a coincidence but I know back in early January i saw more then one post associating virtuwatt with bricked units. Anytyhing key related for OEM type bloatware you likely have to approach Asus and that software creator in order to fix. Personally, when I replaced my G20AJ (my first one bricked in 3 days) I disabled, uninstalled then deleted any registry references to Vitruwatt.

Ravenholme
Level 7
from my end my system runs fine but that's because i removed much of the bloatware and the virtuwatt. I also disabled the intel graphics chip internally within windows (device manager) not via bios. i found the graphics switching was lagging my system whenever i launched an app that required the nvidia chip.

Bodycount69
Level 9
The program is junk me and a lot of G20 owners had problems turns out it was this program uninstall it and never look back.
Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34" 3440 x 1440, 100Hz Curved IPS G-Sync 21:9 WQHD Gaming Monitor
2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition in SLI

adamsyes
Level 8
In order properly make it work. You need to play around with the BIOS, and enable eco energy mode under on-board device.

Also, CPU Display has to be the primary setup. Meaning, the HDMI need to be plug in the Motherboard not on the GPU.

From there, virtuwatt will play pretty much function like optimus. my GPU turns itself down when it's not in use (750GTX) and auto switches to GPU when I launch a game. I guess for most, it's not important, but for me, running the gpu at 24-31c idle and then auto shuts off seems power efficient and I need that for my bills 😛

Also, They should of had just intergrated this within the motherboard imo. Dividing it with a software isn't ideal. Half the people don't even read the manual from the box (it has the virtuwatt guide setup lmao) so it explains why so many people are having issues. So I had to manually create a windows schedule task to run it into Admin and the software seems to work flawlessly. Please ASUS, update the software or find a better way to implement this. Some of us got this to also obtain the full advertised benefits of the content that came with the G20..

It's really unfortunate that ASUS projected their software partnership with little care. For some, having a completely quiet Desktop is so relaxing and amazing. However, just to get it setup that way, gets pretty technical.

Im just looking for a functional software. Because I reformatted W8.1 in order to have a clean install. hence, when I installed virtuwatt, the key works some times, and sometimes it doesn't work, disabling the software and making my games run via CPU rather than GPU.