cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get the most out of crucial ram help

msimax
Level 7
just got a set of ballistix 2666 ram based on D9 chips i was wondering if theres a bios that is tuned for them instead flashing thru each on also is there a setting in the bios which changes dram drive strengths on this board maybe just labeled differently because micron always benefited atleast for me by changing this.

8 REPLIES 8

msimax
Level 7
this memory only boots on the 125 strap and next div up is 3250 which is to high and using the 125 strap and upping bclk past target 102 or around 127 ~128 =booting with no display

Chino wrote:
The next divider on the 125 Strap is 2750MHz, then 3000MHz.

i mean going up from the 3000 is 3250 which it wont do and upping bclk makes me lose display itll boot and go into to windows just with blank monitor.. i can only boot with 2666 2800 and 3000 div problem free using xmp and manual secret sauce

Chino
Level 15

msimax
Level 7
100 strap is a no go which is why i asked about a tuned bios maybe a setting is too tight because ive tried manually inputting all the settings that it autos to every last one that the bios shows and itll boot even the rtl's. so everythings manual now i then switch to 100 strap and nothing bd or bf even on 3000 which is known to boot every time on the 125 strap, but its not my memory limit as i ve said i can up the bclk and itll boot its just after 102 on the targeted bclk i get no display maybe my 290x dont like lol but ive been putting man hours on it

Chino
Level 15
When pushing memory frequency, the bd and bf are commong QCODEs. bd is telling you that you need more System Agent Voltage while bf means your memory is unstable. Try relaxing your timings if you want 3000MHz+. Sometimes a slight increment in DRAM voltage helps as well.

msimax
Level 7
hey i have another question setting system agent voltage under auto dosent turn red until 1.48v and below that its purple is that intels safety guidelines or asus testing that determined that?