cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repaired G73JW Temp sensor error

Kommodant
Level 7
Hello there. I recently bought and repaired my friends broken G73JW and I'd say it's pretty much almost repaired. The only issue I have left is that the fans after POST spin up to 100% and remain there. When I run a temp utility, it says that the Temp1 sensor is reporting 97 degrees Celsius and from what I've found that means there's an error with the cpu temp sensor. I can't seem to find anything useful to fix the issue so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

The repair was a new motherboard.
2 REPLIES 2

C4RN1
Level 9
Did you clean off the old thermal compound and reapply new thermal compound correctly? I had a G53jw that was similar and it ended up having a bare spot on the cpu (bad paste from the factory). Overtime the bare spot must have gotten bigger and to the point where it would run the fan 100% and shut down the laptop.

If it's a temp sensor for the cpu that's the culprit, then it's probably built into the cpu and can only be repaired by replacing the cpu.

If I were you I would buy a cheap cpu of the same socket to see if the fans behave as normal. If they don't return to normal then there's probably a small component on the motherboard that's out of spec or burned out.

I see. I'll have to double check the compound then. I'm pretty sure everything else should be fine because the laptop didn't have this issue previously and this is a brand new board.