cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 performance in GTA V

MorphinePG
Level 7
please share description, screenshots and videos on the topic G751 + GTA V ...specify the detailed graphics settings, every little thing, minimum and average FPS...all good people thanks in advance
77 REPLIES 77

rowee270
Level 7
MorphinePG@gmail.com wrote:
please share description, screenshots and videos on the topic G751 + GTA V ...specify the detailed graphics settings, every little thing, minimum and average FPS...all good people thanks in advance

I've got the Nvidia Geforce 970m and I'm getting a average 45 fps at 1080p with virtually everything on max except shadow quality (high) and MSAA only 2x. The frame rate peaks at about 60 and can go as low as 30fps (with v-sync off - with it on it's a steady 30fps). The main limitation to enabling all these features is the 3GB of VRAM.

I also found the jaggies (popping moire effect) distracting without some MSAA enabled.

Looks great, am happy with it!

thanks for the info, good game)

I have the 980M model and I'm playing it with 1980p default settings just adding water to very high and 2xAA , TXAA enabled.
Almost stable 60fps vsync on ..

Trying to tweak a bit more..

Please share your optimal settings terms of quality and performance thanks..

rowee270 wrote:
I've got the Nvidia Geforce 970m and I'm getting a average 45 fps at 1080p with virtually everything on max except shadow quality (high) and MSAA only 2x. The frame rate peaks at about 60 and can go as low as 30fps (with v-sync off - with it on it's a steady 30fps). The main limitation to enabling all these features is the 3GB of VRAM.

I also found the jaggies (popping moire effect) distracting without some MSAA enabled.

Looks great, am happy with it!

What Driver set are you using?

GTX 970m Lappy (RoG G751JT) and I've been using 347.09 as the new Nvidia Game ready 350.12 were crashing the game after 5 minutes of play.

Everything ultra same as yourself and only issue I get is flickering grass, while the Nvidia Game ready 350.12 Drivers sort out the flickering grass effects, they're not a stable driver set for my 970m.
Other than that the game plays fantastic on the 347.09 drivers.

SickboyGNi wrote:
What Driver set are you using?

GTX 970m Lappy (RoG G751JT) and I've been using 347.09 as the new Nvidia Game ready 350.12 were crashing the game after 5 minutes of play.

Everything ultra same as yourself and only issue I get is flickering grass, while the Nvidia Game ready 350.12 Drivers sort out the flickering grass effects, they're not a stable driver set for my 970m.
Other than that the game plays fantastic on the 347.09 drivers.

I'm at work now but i'm pretty sure i'm using the latest 350.12 drivers. (I updated the nvidia drivers when steam was decrypting my preload and didn't tweak anything). No crashing except once or twice when i was swapping between screen modes/desktop.

insiZion1
Level 8
I have 980m jy and getting constant 75fps on default. Not really messed around with any settings yet. The game runs so great I don't have to!
enjoy...this game is the rollox.

arrtaas
Level 9
What is the default settings? High - very high or ultra or something?

arrtaas wrote:
What is the default settings? High - very high or ultra or something?

That's a good point of starting the conversation WHY the developers can't use commonly understandable graphics' settings' gradation scales like: min, min+, mid, mid+, max... and they just use instead the terms: ultra, high, hyper, ultra high, very high, super mambo jumbo bull**** that are actually not comparable to each other...
So is "very high" the max ... or ultra is the max or super hyper ultra bull**** is the max???
And you can't figure it out if you actually don't posses the game and see/check what is the scale gradation naming used! PPPffff...

Max is max = nothing better is possible to set at the game. Why to complicate life? Crative marketing?

SDoern
Level 7
Hi,

ich have the G751JY with GTX980m Model and GTA5 crash in the intro. Did the game work for you ? I have installed the new nvidia driver but same problem. The crash show the message application error on GTA5.exe 😞