cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for all of those who have black screen on boot, try this.

GhostriderZ85
Level 7
1. Right click on the start button
2. Select COMMAND PROMPT (ADMIN)
3. type: powercfg -h off
4. Restart computer
5. ???????
6. Win!

So what is this trickery? Windows 8.1 defaults laptops to hibernate mode instead of regular shutdown, and hibernate mode is buggy. So everytime you shut down your laptop, it doesn't actually shut down, it just go to hibernate mode, and messes up your laptop.
2 REPLIES 2

smallj53
Level 7
I'm a sucker for replying to these "Black screen" threads. But here goes. Ok I have tried everything. Everything "works" for awhile on my g751jy and then it stops working.

I think it is a motherboard/hardware problem related to static electricity in some way. Lately, I rarely get the black screen, even with the fast boot/hibernate enabled. But move it around, transport my laptop to another place, back it comes. I would really like to hear from people who have more recently bought a g751jy. I would hope they do not have trouble because of a motherboard fix.

GhostriderZ85
Level 7
I recently bought my g751, like a week ago, same with my room mate, we had this black screen on boot but i am aware that it's on hibernate mode because i can't go to bios by pressing esc, so i disabled this and got my issues fixed.