cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G501 Reviews :)

snaiperist
Level 7
If that's not against forum rules, we could discuss tests and reviews about the new ASUS ROG G501 (and owner's opinions, too) 🙂

Here is a detailed review on the notebook with many battery, display and performance tests:
http://laptopmedia.com/review/asus-rog-g501-review-the-new-standard-for-next-generation-gaming-lapto...
4 REPLIES 4

Ruby_Rabbit
Level 7
I noticed this review. I really wanted to buy this laptop. I really like the Asus gear and I own a LOT of it!
They really have nailed everything with this laptop, EXCEPT they put a 960m in it. WHY, WHY, WHY!!! What a huge disappointment!!!!
If it had the 970m 3gb or 6gb I would have bought it instantly!

Not only that, in my opinion ASUS would have a beastly machine that could challenge other 2015 competitors like the Razer Blade , GS60 Ghost pro, Aurus x3 plus etc.
I mean it has all of the stuff that the Razer Blade lacks i.e. PCIe x 4, an extra 2.5" extra drive bay (so you can actually store your steam library on it), Mini display port. Just to name a few.
ASUS I think you have missed a really great opportunity here. PLEASE PUT A 970m IN IT. Heck I little extra heat based on the thermals per the review here I could live with.

Yeah, I do understand the engineers wanted it to be quiet and cool. Yep, they achieved that! With a GPU that performs half as well as the 970m – Well Done!
I am sure there are plenty of ROG gamers wanting to play their latest games at 20-30fps.
What a kill joy, so disappointed. I really wanted this laptop. God damn it!!! Please release a 970m version!!!!
Intel 3930K @ 4.7 ghz @ v1.272
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
32 gb Corsair Quad Channel (4x4gx2) Dominator GT 2133mhz
ASUS GTX690
ASUS Xonar Phoebus Sound card
OCZ Vertex 4 512G SSD
Corsair AX860i 860w PSU
2 x WD Black 2TB
ASUS BDR/DVDR
Corsair H100 cooling
Corsair Obsidian 650D case
Windows 8.1

Ruby Rabbit THANK YOU! Finally someone has the same thoughts as me!

I have been following this laptop since it was called the GX500, and I was super disappointed when I found out that it would only have a 960m. I even brought it up with ROG on Twitter, but no such luck trying to change their minds. I guess that's why the G501 has already dropped $300 in price (check amazon for proof - type G501JW-DS71); people seem to be aware that it's not a good buy with only a 960m. I'd gladly pay the 2k price tag if it would last me for more than a couple years.

ban_pas
Level 7
Software engineering is the study and an application of engineering to the design, development, and maintenance of software

Cheater912
Level 7
I returned mine because the screen was so washed out. The yellows were mustard-brown color. I also didn't like my fingerprints showing everywhere, but that's expected when you buy a black laptop.