cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 upgrade plans??

psygorn
Level 7
hi guys, i herd that windows 10 is a free update for windows 7,8,8.1 and right now a beta of windows 10 can be installed.
just gonna ask what will asus do if and when windows 10 comes out would they update all of their drivers for our laptops and also what will happen to our recovery usb? since windows 10 is a free update for 1 year, if ever we reformat out hd do we need to re download windows 10 again since our recovery is stuck at windows 8.1? i know windows 10 is not due for a couple of months but some companies already released a statement for their plans when windows 10 arrives. and also does anybody here already tried windows 10? and the new internet explorer? hope some one can share their experience, and maybe some one from asus could shed some light on their plans for windows 10
32 REPLIES 32

hmscott
Level 12
psygorn wrote:
hi guys, i herd that windows 10 is a free update for windows 7,8,8.1 and right now a beta of windows 10 can be installed.
just gonna ask what will asus do if and when windows 10 comes out would they update all of their drivers for our laptops and also what will happen to our recovery usb? since windows 10 is a free update for 1 year, if ever we reformat out hd do we need to re download windows 10 again since our recovery is stuck at windows 8.1? i know windows 10 is not due for a couple of months but some companies already released a statement for their plans when windows 10 arrives. and also does anybody here already tried windows 10? and the new internet explorer? hope some one can share their experience, and maybe some one from asus could shed some light on their plans for windows 10

psygorn, it sounds like a great question to pose to Asus directly:

https://vip.asus.com <= create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry with your question.

Please let us know what Asus says they plan to do, and be sure and dig in and ask lots of follow up questions as need - escalate the request as well if you aren't getting the answers from the first couple of people you hear back from.

im running the W10 tech Preview and i love it btw....i wish i still had my G751 JT to play with W10 on

Korth
Level 14
I can't speak for Asus, but I'm sure they will have updated drivers available for download within days of (if not before) Microsoft's consumer Win10 OS launch. In fact, I would be a little surprised if drivers for core hardware aren't included in the OS libraries.

No doubt there will (as usual) be all sorts of minor bugs and compatibility issues at launch, and these will (as usual) largely be addressed through driver updates. The best way to ensure maximal bug-free compatibility between your particular hardware and Win10 would be to install the beta yourself and provide feedback (to Microsoft, Asus, etc) as necessary to report and resolve issues.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

psygorn
Level 7
i dont want to jump the gun here, and besides if i ask asus directly its not like the heads of asus would be the one to answer, my question would probably be directed to some lvl 1 or even a lvl 2 if im lucky agent that wont have any better answer than i would. that saying, i would love to sign p for the tech preview of windows 10 but im not that technically trained and my feedback wouldnt help. i created this thread to find out if some one here have used windows 10 on their g751, or even an asus rep would answer but guess not. i just dont want this upgrade to be an upgrade on your own risk, seeing as its an os upgrade and its well within the warranty. i find it strange that people here overclock the processor, gpu and even the screen, and yet nobody has posted how windows 10 runs on this laptop. ill just keep an eye out on reports about windows 10, its not like im a reporter and ask a rep from asus a scoop about windows 10 lol, maybe ill try on youtube and ask jj about it. ill keep you guys posted 🙂

psygorn wrote:
i dont want to jump the gun here, and besides if i ask asus directly its not like the heads of asus would be the one to answer, my question would probably be directed to some lvl 1 or even a lvl 2 if im lucky agent that wont have any better answer than i would. that saying, i would love to sign p for the tech preview of windows 10 but im not that technically trained and my feedback wouldnt help. i created this thread to find out if some one here have used windows 10 on their g751, or even an asus rep would answer but guess not. i just dont want this upgrade to be an upgrade on your own risk, seeing as its an os upgrade and its well within the warranty. i find it strange that people here overclock the processor, gpu and even the screen, and yet nobody has posted how windows 10 runs on this laptop. ill just keep an eye out on reports about windows 10, its not like im a reporter and ask a rep from asus a scoop about windows 10 lol, maybe ill try on youtube and ask jj about it. ill keep you guys posted 🙂

psygorn, you are an owner of a laptop with a support warranty asking a perfectly reasonable question of the maker of the laptop, why all the vacillating and over thinking?

Ask Asus directly for the truth as they know it now, and as the release time approaches for Windows 10, Asus will announce the final plan as it comes into focus for them, and will be revealed to their customers, just like it was for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1.

Eliciting answers from people with no more information than you isn't going to get you anywhere 🙂

There have been several threads with lots of postings about the Windows 10 Preview, both in the G750 and G751 forums. Do a little more searching and you will find them.

bahiista
Level 7
I installed windows 10 just last night on the other HD of my G751JT, its running a bit laggy, not so smooth. but the IU is nice i like it more than 8.1. Will post more info about W10 after few days.

hmscott
Level 12
Guys, I filed a Technical Inquiry asking:

"Hi!, I am asking you, Asus, what the official plan is for supporting Windows 10 on the G750 and G751 series.

What is the plan moving forward for supporting Windows 10 Preview and Windows 10 Release?

Will drivers and application updates be made available for the G750JW/JX/JH/JM/JS/JZ/JY? And same question for the G751JM/JL/JT/JY.

Thank you!"

Of interest is that the supported operating system / question category list included Windows 10 x86 and Windows 10 x64, which is what I selected for the question.

I will post the answer back. 🙂

hmscott wrote:
Guys, I filed a Technical Inquiry asking:

"Hi!, I am asking you, Asus, what the official plan is for supporting Windows 10 on the G750 and G751 series.

What is the plan moving forward for supporting Windows 10 Preview and Windows 10 Release?

Will drivers and application updates be made available for the G750JW/JX/JH/JM/JS/JZ/JY? And same question for the G751JM/JL/JT/JY.

Thank you!"

Of interest is that the supported operating system / question category list included Windows 10 x86 and Windows 10 x64, which is what I selected for the question.

I will post the answer back. 🙂

Guys, I got the reply back from Asus in about 16 hours. It is about what I expected, there is no official release date from Microsoft yet, so noone can predict the actual release date, but I am going to reply and ask what the intention for support of Windows 10 for the G750/G751 will be at release of Windows 10

"Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is XXXXX and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Currently I am afraid to say that I haven't recieved the reports about the accurate date the Windows 10 64 drivers of these notebooks could be released.
I would suggest you to pay attention to our website for updating.

Best Regards,
XXXXX
ASUS Product Support Team"

hmscott wrote:
Guys, I got the reply back from Asus in about 16 hours. It is about what I expected, there is no official release date from Microsoft yet, so noone can predict the actual release date, but I am going to reply and ask what the intention for support of Windows 10 for the G750/G751 will be at release of Windows 10

"Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is XXXXX and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Currently I am afraid to say that I haven't recieved the reports about the accurate date the Windows 10 64 drivers of these notebooks could be released.
I would suggest you to pay attention to our website for updating.

Best Regards,
XXXXX

Guys, got the answer back (original question below)

"Dear XXXXX,

Currently the relative department hasn't give me a detailed list about the models of us that would officially support windows 10.
I would contact you once the relative department give me the related information.

Best Regards,
XXXXX

Original question:

[CASEID=XXXX]

Thanks Carter, I was more asking if there is an intention to provide Windows 10
drivers for the G750 and G751 models at all, not so much when it would happen - I
know we have to wait for an official release date from Microsoft before anyone can
commit to a final release date for support.

So, will Asus support the G750/G751 with driver updates and support for Windows 10?

Thank you XXXXX!, Scott