cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I open GPU Tweak, it closes after.

SSF2468
Level 7
I have a ASUS G750JW-DB71 and I recently decided to overclock my GTX 765M. First use was amazing after I installed an restarted. A great performance boost of about +8 FPS. I shut down my laptop and next day, GPU Tweak doesn't open. I try to double-click the shortcut but no effect. I check the taskbar and nothing's running. I run GPU Tweak while the taskbar is open and I see the process come in for a second then close. Why is this?! I have the latest version of GPU Tweak and its frustrating. I really want this because I feel a difference in games in which I want to run at higher graphical settings. Does anyone know a solution or has had this problem? If not recommend me another overclock program please.
2 REPLIES 2

beatc
Level 7
try reinstall, if problem still persist then run the program as admin

hmscott
Level 12
SSF2468 wrote:
I have a ASUS G750JW-DB71 and I recently decided to overclock my GTX 765M. First use was amazing after I installed an restarted. A great performance boost of about +8 FPS. I shut down my laptop and next day, GPU Tweak doesn't open. I try to double-click the shortcut but no effect. I check the taskbar and nothing's running. I run GPU Tweak while the taskbar is open and I see the process come in for a second then close. Why is this?! I have the latest version of GPU Tweak and its frustrating. I really want this because I feel a difference in games in which I want to run at higher graphical settings. Does anyone know a solution or has had this problem? If not recommend me another overclock program please.

SSF2468, check the system tray, you might have set the settings to minimize to the system tray at start. Double click the icon to bring up the dialog for interaction.