cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rampage iv extreme bios update

deangelo
Level 7
Hopefully someone can help me out I bought a used rampage iv extreme haven't built the system yet but want to make sure I can update bios using bios flashback so that it supports my core i7 4820k and how I would go about doing it the sticker on the motherboard says the bios is 2003 but it might have a newer bios the place I bought it from wasn't sure if its been updated and I want to make sure im prepared incase it hasn't been updated to the newest bios!?
9 REPLIES 9

Menthol
Level 14
Download the latest bios for the RIVE unzip it rename it to R4E and transfer to a USB drive that is formatted to FAT 32, put it in the flashback port on the I/O panel connect your PSU to the motherboard and press the flashback button, a LED will start flashing next to the bios chips it takes about 90 seconds.

HELLO, MY MOTHER BOARD RAMPAGE IV EXTREME LGA2011 NO WORKING DE DEBUG LEDs, THERE IS NO LIGHT ON THE DISPLAY, I CHECK VOLTS IN THE PIN 4 AND PIN 5, NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE, BATTERY NEW, NO POSITIVE IN PIN 5, ONLY IN BATTERY POSITIVE, I CHECK IN SCALE OHM IN PIN 5 TO POSITIVE CASE BATTERY IS INFINITE OHM (NO OHM),
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE VOLTAGE VALUES IN THE BIOS PIN WITH ONLY THE CONNECTED BATTERY, IF THERE IS A MAINTENANCE VOLTAGE TO THE BIOS WHEN IT IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE SOURCE OF POWER, ALL THIS IS WITH THE MOTHERBOARD TOTALLY DISCONNECTED FROM ALL THE PERIPHERALS,
THERE IS A VOLTAGE TO THE BIOS NOT TO LOSE INFORMATION AS THE HOUR AND CHANGES MADE IF I HAVE IT DISCONNECTED FROM THE ELECTRICAL NETWORK

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
Link in my signature if you have issue's, all you need is the PSU and a formatted jump drive to do a bios flash back. Post back........
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Do i rename bios file to R4E.cap or rom?

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
Follow the link instructions to the T, when you open the bios file in the new folder on the desk top with the bupdater the file will be converted. Then you remove the bupdater install the new bios

Everything went smoothly system is built and running great thx for your help. Also might need some help overclocking my cpu to 4.2 its a core i7 4820k?

deangelo wrote:
Everything went smoothly system is built and running great thx for your help. Also might need some help overclocking my cpu to 4.2 its a core i7 4820k?

What cooler are you using on the CPU?
I would just change the multi in the bios, the board should auto volt up to 4.5. BUT, make sure you check temps and voltage in CPU-Z to make sure the board isn't over volting it too hard.
You can adjust the voltage in the bios or with the Asus overclocking utility, I think in the bios I used the offset - one bump
Asus X79 DELUXE
3930K WATER
2X Intel 520 Raid o
2X GTX 780ti DCII OC WATER
16 GB G skill 2133
Corsiar AX1200
Acer 24" 1080
Swiftech MCP655 Vari
HWlabs 3/120
Asus DVD

BLIND BIOS FLASH LINK http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12749-RIVE-BIOS-FlashBack

Cooler master hyper evo 212.

deangelo
Level 7
Thx i appreciate it once my case comes and i get everything together and setup I'll post a status report.