cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - is the intel i7 2.3gHZ enough to run GTA V?

spyro11
Level 7
I'm thinking of spending what little money I have on a copy of GTA V. I Dont want to pirate it, but I am scared I wont be able to run
the game, and I dont really have enough money to waste on it if it wont run.

I have overclocked my GFX card a lil, and added some ram, so the base system is plenty powerful enough to run it...
but the processor requirements say core 2 quad 2.4GHz or higher,

and this has a core i7 2.3gHz, so I dont know if thats powerful enough or not. I know it has turbo Boost, but I dont know how it
compares to the minimum requirements.

system requirements lab SAYS all is go, but leaves a question mark by the processor...

does anyone here know?
5 REPLIES 5

spyro11
Level 7
I will say the turbo boost monitor has NEVER worked on this pC< but I dont care -- im just not sure if its actually even running to help with this issue -- there is no setting in the bios either

I think the Turbo Boost stuff also works for when all 4 cores are used. On my G55 i7-3630QM CPU-Z regularly shows 3.2ghz when CPU is 100% eg. rendering stuff.

In any case I've never had problems with WatchDogs, Borderlands, COD:AW, Batman, etc. Make sure you install the game on an SSD though, to prevent any hiccups during playing.

With 660M overclocked as well I can more or less max out COD:AW which for a laptop is... insane. 660M on my G55 can go up to 1100mhz core/ 3000mhz mem... This is with NO CPU OC which means CPU is 3.2ghz standard.

Edit: Here is CPU-Z for OC'ed with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility i7-3660QM showing running clock speed at 3.3ghz. Cheers 🙂

Edit2: 3.3ghz OC IS NOT STABLE FOR ME! I'M TRYING 3.25GHZ NOW 🙂

bdawwgg
Level 7
I would say it would work. I got the skidrow version (cracked version) first to see if it would run and how well it would run first before i purchased the product. that may be worth a shot first just to see how your computer handles it. And i have a lower gen i7 not that its too much a diff.

This is with no OC modifications or anything of that sort.

G74SX811
Level 7
I'm playing GTA V with my G74SX and it works fine (high-med quality on 1920x1080 with 30 FPS med), I'm pretty sure you can play it with a more powerfull laptop as G75VW.

About your turbo boost problem, I remember the same situtation with GTA IV on G74, I changed bios and the problem had been solved.

spyro11
Level 7
definitely runs, on a standard hard drive to boot. Can't max out settings because of ram, and everything stays on normal, but its fairly smooth. if I can figure out how to break the overclock limiter in the bios I'll be able to add more processing effects, but until then, I'll take smooth gameplay over visual effects)