cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Shadowplay bad sound (voice) quality

dne0gen
Level 7
So I have had this issue ever since I started using shadowplay but I figured I wouldn't pay attention. Now it is getting on my nerves as it still isn't fixed.
Basically what happens is I talk on Skype with someone and play something. After shadowplaying it , I can hear everyone, including me, but the sound quality of the other people on skype is horrible. Horrible as in tinny, echoy and just overall not what I am hearing when we talk.
Does anybody know how to fix this? I have the latest driver and expirience, I have my audio drivers and correct settings for microphone and everything.
If you haven't encountered this issue I can upload a short video demonstrating what exactly happens.
3 REPLIES 3

BIOHAZARD9519
Level 7
Yes mine does that too for the longest time now (had mine since release, JS model). Even after all the updates Shadowplay has gotten so far, the sound is still not good. Even videos I have posted on my channel I placed a notice saying the Shadowplay messed up the audio recording.

dne0gen
Level 7
Well actually I kinda found something myself. I don't know why I didn't try it the moment I saw it, which was more than a while, but still.
When you start a game you can click on the bottom right on your dekstop screen on the speakers icon, from there choose mixer and you will find (or at least I do) Nvidia Caputre Service (or something like that). When you mute that thing from the mixer the sound you record from your VoIP client sounds normal. That is tested by me today and it worked.With it being on the other sides voice was echoy and overall broken, but when I turned it off it sounded completely normal, exactly as I heard it when I recorded it.
Give it a try and tell me if that worked for you.
If it did hopefully there is a way to permanently shut that thing off, otherwise you would have to mute it everytime you start a game.

dne0gen
Level 7
Actually I just took a look at it again and it seems that once you hit that mute button under Nvidia Capture SERVER* (not service...) it stays muted.

For now.