cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my Hard Drive went missing.

amirzubair80
Level 9
Hi there guys. Today when i started my G750JS everything was fine. Then after sometime i restarted my PC my second HD is not showing anymore take a look

When i select MBR error appears

The disk is not showing in Bios also.

Is there any hope to bring it back? Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

amirzubair80
Level 9
I hear 2 beeps when i restart my laptop now.

code9523
Level 9
Remove your hdd from your laptop and try to connect it as external hdd or carefully remove pcb from hard drive and with a ruber clean everything what looks corroded like this:
https://www.google.com.ua/search?q=hdd+pcb+corrosion&biw=1536&bih=702&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=I...
I got same problems with laptop hdd's but after cleaning pins they worked perfectly!
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

And my laptop is few months old, do you think it will be problem of corrosion ?

amirzubair80 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Do i have to open my whole laptop for that? or just the bottom flap? i am noob when it comes to hardware stuff.

You need to open only bottom cap. (HDD cover)

amirzubair80 wrote:
And my laptop is few months old, do you think it will be problem of corrosion ?

It may be corrosion because you don't know how long and where your laptop have been before you got it also you air may contain some water in it I saw several almost new laptops with corrosion on hdd pcb.
Also it may be the hdd problem or laptop problem but for further diagnosis you need to know is your hdd working or not!

Also I got blue screens on my almost new g750jw but when I started searching I found out that my hdd is completely corroded! There is my topic in this forum with photos and fix.

amirzubair80
Level 9
Thanks for the reply. Do i have to open my whole laptop for that? or just the bottom flap? i am noob when it comes to hardware stuff.

amirzubair80
Level 9
ok thanks for the reply. i will check and reply back

amirzubair80
Level 9
One question. How should I know which one is primary HD with Windows and which one is faulty?

code9523
Level 9
remove them one by one and try to start pc. The one which is located under ram slots should be second one without OS.