cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to add SSD to my ASUS ROG G750JM-DS71.

akosiflava
Level 7
Hello,

May i know what i will be needing if i want to add and SSD to this laptop. Like i need the type of SSD's should i buy (better if someone can give the exact, with brands etc), the tools that ill need, and other instructions that will help me in upgrading my laptop.

I want to do this thing myself to minimize cost. I am fairly knowledgable about computer hardware (not good, but not illiterate).
1 REPLY 1

navis995
Level 11
For SDD's I advise you getting Samsung Evo 850/840 as it has high quality build and life span. In the tests it survived 5 PENTAbytes of writing which is huge.

Otherwise what you want to be looking for is 2.5mm thick SDD's. Those will fit into laptop like yours fine.

For the software, you'll get some with the disk and that's about it. We've come so far you don't really need a special software to keep an eye on the disk as nowadays it tends to be better than HDD in any way possible (Except the price). You may want to get Crystal Info thought as it will show you the life status of the disk and many others great things. (Works also for HDD)

Other brands that are worth mentioning: Intel, Crucial.

(But I still highly advise Samsung)

Cheers
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD