cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Asus g53sw xn1 having Wifi issues!

Retired
Not applicable
Just got it and I am mind blown how awesome it is but I can't even get 1mb download while my phone in my hand is getting 25mbps. Also I don't know how to install drivers and stuff and need help!

Thank-you!
9 REPLIES 9

JRd1st
Level 12
Go here - http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5126-Any-Kind-of-Lag-and-Atheros-WiFi-Card and follow the instructions.

ALSO, you may have to open the bottom of your notebook to make sure the antenna wires are connected to your WiFi card . . .

MAke sure you have an Atheros Card, first. I assume you do since the performance sucks. lol
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Ehhh I don't want to open it up I seen how hard it is on Youtube. Does it void the warranty?

If it's getting a connection, but it's just slow.....I seriously doubt that the antennas are loose. It just sounds like a driver configuration issue to me.

fuzon1337
Level 10
It is no problem to open up your notebook. It is 2 screws under your notebook that you have to screw out and voila, you can open up (square panel). I don't think it wil void warranty since you have the opportunity to upgrade RAM and WiFI card 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Retired
Not applicable
Ok thank-you if nothing else works I will do!

Retired
Not applicable
It's weird at one moment google chrome would be getting 15mbps and firefox 1mbps than the next firefox will be fast and chrome slow... I downloaded Portal from steam in about 30 minutes. Is it a browser issue?

armystrong wrote:
It's weird at one moment google chrome would be getting 15mbps and firefox 1mbps than the next firefox will be fast and chrome slow... I downloaded Portal from steam in about 30 minutes. Is it a browser issue?
If the slowdown is intermittent, it could be your internet connection being flaky or it could be an issue in the connection between the laptop and your router. These are completely different & unrelated problems, so to narrow down the troubleshooting, forget about internet speeds for now and focus on the wireless connection to your router.

• Take a look at the Wireless Network Connection status window. (Click the wireless icon in the notification area, right-click on your network, and select "Status.")
    -> What speed does it show there?
    -> Check it frequently to see whether it fluctuates much.
  • Log onto your router. Check the logs for error entries that indicate your laptop connection is being frequently de-authorized or otherwise disconnected.

Retired
Not applicable
It's not my router because I had my family's laptop and this side beside and I was testing use my iPhone too.

I wasn't suggesting there's something wrong with your router. I was suggesting that you need to determine whether the problem actually lies in the wireless connection (and therefore the settings) between the G53 and the router. You can't use internet speeds to evaluate that, because there are too many other factors that can impact the internet speeds.