cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[G750JX] Installed fresh Win7 64bit copy and encountering some problems, HELP!

us18x
Level 7
Having two issues first one is a missing dll file and the second one is a USB controller can't be recognized... what should I do?

The DLL issue pops up every time I restart the laptop, I attached two pictures showing exactly what's going on...

HELP!!!
3 REPLIES 3

hmscott
Level 12
us18x, you need to install the Windows 7 USB 3.0 drivers:

USB 3.0 Driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Intel® 8/9 Series and C220/C610 Chipset Family
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

You can also run in an As Administrator command window:

sfc /scannow

That will do a check on system files for missing/corrupted files.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833/en-us

us18x
Level 7
Thanks Scott, I knew that you will respond! I tried to download it but it says page is not found... They might fix the link later tomorrow "hopefully" also I have another question, should I partition my boot drive to GPT or leave it as MBR?
I really need the Windows 7 up and running, the windows 10 looks like it won't be a hit as far as I noticed as I been testing it for over 4 months now and I hope they get it right but I doubt it...

Best Regards

us18x wrote:
Thanks Scott, I knew that you will respond! I tried to download it but it says page is not found... They might fix the link later tomorrow "hopefully" also I have another question, should I partition my boot drive to GPT or leave it as MBR?
I really need the Windows 7 up and running, the windows 10 looks like it won't be a hit as far as I noticed as I been testing it for over 4 months now and I hope they get it right but I doubt it...
Best Regards

us18x, weird, I downloaded that USB driver from their page before posting it, and tried again just now and it worked both times for me. You might try from another browser. Just click on the blue highlighted name, and a acceptance dialog comes up (maybe you blocked / didn't see that dialog) and after accepting the download dialog came right up.

Here is the file download link that results from accepting the terms dialog:
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22824/eng/Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver_3.0.5.6...

Windows 10 preview until recently has had pretty poor performance, but that is to be expected at this stage. And, there have been changes/additions that are significant with each update, and that is typical for preview software too.

I wouldn't count out Windows 10, it has many months to go before release, so lots can change - even between last beta/preview to GA/release there can be lots of changes.

Also, running Windows 8.1/8.0 with Classic Shell and 8gadgetpack makes things very liveable - Windows 7 like - so I wouldn't think you need to stay on Windows 7 either... at least I haven't 🙂

Please let us know how it works out 🙂