cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Throttling?

Gridsquare
Level 7
Alright, I am now completely stumped. I have Brighthouse internet, 150DL,/10UL, and have been having some bad lag. I get 100ms on any game that I play, no matter where the servers are.
Been running several speed tests and I have never been past 60-80mb/s download speed. My neighbor is the Brighthouse tech for the area, just came over a few minutes ago with his little handheld
computer, ran the same speed tests, and instantly got 150+ speeds. Ran these tests for 20 minutes, then ran them on mine and I'm still getting half of what I am supposed to get.

I figured out that my ping is due to the hops in my ISP's traffic, cant fix that. But I think something to do with my motherboard is throttling my download speeds.
I uninstalled AISuite 3, used the cleaner I found here on forums, but still the same thing.

What do I do from here?
27 REPLIES 27

Karlo666
Level 7
Uninstall any Asus LAN priority thing.

Gridsquare
Level 7
Done and done. Did the whole, safe mode-disable amd thing, all asus stuff removed. Still ****.

Is this fresh Windows installation or?

Gridsquare
Level 7
No, I've been running it for awhile. I just dont understand how my 3000 dollar gaming PC cant get the same speeds that some handheld work laptop gets.

koroziv
Level 9
Re-install network drivers (remove-reboot-install-reboot); check if you are connected 10/100/1000 (usually auto does this with no issues)

kkn
Level 14
is this cabled or on wifi?
if wifi it can be the limitation on the wifi on the mobo.

Gridsquare
Level 7
Good lord, no. All cable. Cat 6.

Gridsquare
Level 7
I am on the drivers download page on ASUS, is it under the LAN portion?

Ok! Did the network driver uninstall/reinstall, nothing. Put a network card in the computer, still same speeds. Is it my CPU or something else that is causing my computer to just NOT ramp up these speeds? Every freaking speedtest I do slowly ramps up to 50's and then the file is done. I just dont see how the Brighthouse tech's little crappy handheld could pull 150 right out of the gate, and I've never seen triple digits yet...