cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 pcie SSD

Menthol
Level 14
Just letting you know it works like a champ, stuck it in the bottom pcie slot, put the driver on a usb stick as I installed Win 7 so I needed to install the driver during installation, install went kind of slow but without any issue on bios 1401. It also came with a back plate on it un-like the models seen in the reviews so it looks better not seeing the components on the back of the card
107 REPLIES 107

squawker
Level 11
Hi,

Congrats, the reviews are great like we should expect from an Intel device, and I have not seen it for sale anywere to date.

Is it possible to run some bench AS SSD, ATTO or something?

Some reviews shows a ToolBox v. 3.3.0 that manage NVMe drives, but I dont find it on Intel Download Center, this soft comes along with it or to manage the drive users have to use the command line Data Center tool?

I've got the DC P 3700, but it is borrowed from a server station and sometime i will have to return it to due place, so i'm very interested in buying one of these when it is available for shopping.

Thanks and good luck
Valdir

Hopper64
Level 15
You running SLI Menthol? If so, does the ssd change the way windows handles the video cards? Thanks.

BTW-Is that version of the SSD toolbox on a CD with the product?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Menthol
Level 14

I only have a single GPU at the moment, I can install another card or 2 to verify the pcie lane allocation if you would like, I have 1 Titan X, 2 different 980's and 2 780ti's, I don't know if your looking for sli performance or I assume lane allocation if you can still have 16x16 with this SSD or 16x8?

coyi1895
Level 10
I assume lane allocation if you can still have 16x16 with this SSD or 16x8?

I think he's interested in that bit as am I. Thanks if you could because I'm looking to SLI and have the PCIe SSD add-on card in PCIe x8 4 slot. If x16 x8 it's still cool, just interested to see the result.

Menthol
Level 14
Then you'll be happy to hear that as long as you use slot pcie 3.0-4, the bottom 3.0 slot both GPU's run at 3.0x16, if you use slot 2 it is 3.0x16-x8
A mini CD was included with drivers only, I don't like those little CD's. I had to go to Intel's download site to get the latest version of SSD Toolbox
I am thinking that my end goal is to install a M.2 drive as soon as a NVMe drive is available for my OS and this drive as storage eliminating SATA all together, that may change the lane allocation, but running GPU's at 3.0x8 is such a small hit in performance that it's hardly noticeable

squawker
Level 11
Thanks, very impressive results, this drive really flies and great access times.
Valdir

coyi1895
Level 10
Thank you! Interesting stuff, ok so now we know if we put the card in the last slot, SLI is x16 x16. I've been thinking that it would be an impressive beast if running 3-way and have PCIe x8 4 with PCIe SSD add-on and M.2 filled with PCIe SSD and optionally SATA III ports filled with large HDD for storage.

Hopper64
Level 15
Yes, thanks Menthol. That's what I was looking for, lane allocation. I was thinking of running SLI with this drive in the bottom slot. Appreciate your help.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

turtletrax
Level 7
Thanks for confirming link speeds with SLI! I was actually really wondering as I want to snap one of these up, but wasn't sure if it reduced second card to 8x.

Just have to wait for them to hit the shelves in Canada!