cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power on Power off

snaps11
Level 7
Usually it only happens when coming out of sleep but today it did it on a cold boot. I press the power button and the board powers on then powers off and keeps repeating. Only way to fix it is to flip the switch on the power supply and drain the power. Turning it back on always works after that. No BSOD, no lockups. Runs perfect even stressed.

5960x
hyperx predator 2400 cl12
Enermax 1050w psu
Asus GTX 970 Strix x2
Rampage V w/ 3.1 usb
Latest bios (although it did it before the bios flash)
Does it if I have XMP on or OFF.
I have Asus auto tuning on running at 4ghz although it did power on / power off from sleep before this.

Thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15

snaps11
Level 7
I reset it back to defaults and it still does it coming out of sleep mode. Only like 1 out of 5 times.

snaps11 wrote:
I reset it back to defaults and it still does it coming out of sleep mode. Only like 1 out of 5 times.

Run Memtest to test your RAM just to discard it being a defective stick.

AdamC
Level 10
You are not alone. I actually disable sleep in Windows. But then my system still sometimes has trouble to boot in the morning. Have to do the power supply off snd drain thing.
I recently have learned a setting in BIOS may be causing boot problem. It is Int 19 under Boot. Change it to postpone may resolve. So far. I am still observing.

AdamC wrote:
You are not alone. I actually disable sleep in Windows. But then my system still sometimes has trouble to boot in the morning. Have to do the power supply off snd drain thing.
I recently have learned a setting in BIOS may be causing boot problem. It is Int 19 under Boot. Change it to postpone may resolve. So far. I am still observing.

I think you may have won with the int 19 problem. So far so good. Thanks!

BTW I swapped the memory for some hyperx fury and it wouldn't even post. Put the hyperx predator 2400 back in and set the bios the way you said and its been perfect. 🙂

drop4205
Level 12
Cpu cooler to tight maybe. I ran into that once and loosend cooler a smidge and all been fine since
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

AdamC
Level 10
It works on me as well. So far I have yet encountered another boot problem.