Threaded View

New ROGer Array

Can't find what I'm looking for! Gaming Notebook with 120 to 144hz refresh rate?

Hi all,

This may be a unique situation but I believe my requirements aren't such. I'm currently travelling S.E. Asia and will be settling in Nz for 6-9 months before returning to Europe to live. During this time I'd like to get a gaming laptop, as I don't want to have to build and then sell a rig. I've searched high and low and can't seem to find one that suits my needs, perhaps it doesn't exist?

Requirements:

-mid to high performance... Good framerate, ssd etc. Standard right?
    -120 to 144hz refresh rate on the display. Not fussed about 4k, just want reasonable resolution.
    -price... Obviously lower is better but understandably you pay for good features.

I think the most important features for me are the high refresh rate of the monitor and an ssd. Sadly I can't find any laptops advertising such displays... Is this not something important to people? I've read high refresh is a power consumption issue, but I'm not buying it to play on the move, it'll be plugged in most of the time.

What do you think?