cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good and reliable External HD?

amirzubair80
Level 9
Hi there guys can u suggest good and reliable external HD? Which company's Ext HDs are good and reliable?
8 REPLIES 8

amirzubair80
Level 9
#\bump/#

billyray520
Level 10
I use the Western Digital "MyBook" The first one I got 6 yrs. ago. After about a year, I was in the basement carrying it and it fell out of my hands on to the concrete floor and bounced around some. So, it kept working fine, and there wasn't any damage done to the case either!! It still is working. Then about a year ago I got another Western Digital "MyBook" This one is 4 TB, plus it has USB 3.0. It's been good and reliable too.

I use them to store my system backups. I have a lot of PCs that I back up routinely. E.G., my G73 laptop has about 20 or more complete system images. Crazy right? But If I run low on room I'll get rid of the middle ones, and keep the oldest and the newest. 😛
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

amirzubair80
Level 9
Why the oldest and the newest? Why not middle ones?

The oldest in case I want to restore everything back to its clean install, the newest because it has all of my latest files.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

amirzubair80
Level 9
nice

amirzubair80
Level 9
So i bought transcend 2tb working great so far

M11C
Level 10
i second Western Digital. i've had quite a few, and never had a problem.

Toshiba would be at the very bottom ofmy list. have had several drives fail randomly

Watercooling FTW :cool:

"essentially one of the most hardcore overclocking motherboards ever made."
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/03/24/asus_rampage_iv_black_edition_motherboard_review/7

Pattryk
Level 7
Western Digital is ok. About Toshiba I have a similar sentence

---------------------------
Blog GreenZoner