cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAMPAGE V EXTREME - BIOS v1401 - Minor issue

viciado95
Level 7
I've just updated my BIOS from 0802 to the newest one, 1401 and I've just found an issue.
Before updating, when I turned off my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in the BIOS (disabled them), the two LEDs at the back of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth were shut down, which I think it worked like intended.
But now, since the BIOS update, only Wi-Fi LED is turned off; Bluetooth still stays ON, even if I disabled it in the BIOS (I looked in my OS and it seems to be disabled).
It's not a big deal, but I wanted to tell you. Maybe you could fix that in the next update 🙂
NOTE: I've tried enabling it and disabling it again and it's still on.
Thank you!
17 REPLIES 17

I've just noticed that now the Bluetooth LED is off and I didn't change anything.
It's weird since I didn't touched anything in my BIOS. Maybe it was shut down after a full system shutdown?

Red_Jhon
Level 10
Hello everyone, I also now am part of your club. I wanted to point out some problems that I have encountered.

1) In OC, four out of five reboots can boot and one receive a dash white top left post beep that invalidates the boot. Let me explain .. When boot normally see logo asus, intel raid screen legacy, asus logo and then start loading windows. When it gave the problem ... I see the flashing dash white, screen intel raid legacy, dash and thus stops. If I press ctrl alt canc restarts but returns to the same situation. You have to do a CCMOS to restore the situation. I noticed that disabling the SVID CPU / RAM in bios not it given the problem but i'm not 100% sure that this solution completly fix the problem. Is there an explanation? I state to be in OC to 4.4 ram in manual mode at 2666, with strap and BCLK to 100 and not 125.

2) When you do a CCMOS, the system start, but when I enter in bios some items are not present. For example the voice XMP there and even the menu of active cores. If I do a reset to default from bios, goes on and off, and come back the next boot all entries .. is this normal?

3) I noticed that my Corsair K70 keyboard is not very compatible. Sometimes when you restart the system the keyboard lights up but did not work like it was locked. When he arrives in windows continues.

Red Jhon wrote:

1) In OC, four out of five reboots can boot and one receive a dash white top left post beep that invalidates the boot. Let me explain .. When boot normally see logo asus, intel raid screen legacy, asus logo and then start loading windows. When it gave the problem ... I see the flashing dash white, screen intel raid legacy, dash and thus stops. If I press ctrl alt canc restarts but returns to the same situation. You have to do a CCMOS to restore the situation. I noticed that disabling the SVID CPU / RAM in bios not it given the problem but i'm not 100% sure that this solution completly fix the problem. Is there an explanation? I state to be in OC to 4.4 ram in manual mode at 2666, with strap and BCLK to 100 and not 125.

Sometimes USB devices can cause conflicts at boot. One of the most common symptons is seeing the blinking dash on a black screen. So this can be related to a legacy USB device and not a BIOS bug. Usually when your system halts, you should see the AE QCODE on the DEBUG LED.

Red Jhon wrote:

2) When you do a CCMOS, the system start, but when I enter in bios some items are not present. For example the voice XMP there and even the menu of active cores. If I do a reset to default from bios, goes on and off, and come back the next boot all entries .. is this normal?

This usually happens when you run into system stability. Clearing the CMOS will bring everything back to stock defaults. Sometimes the XMP takes a second to appear but it does eventually.

Red Jhon wrote:

3) I noticed that my Corsair K70 keyboard is not very compatible. Sometimes when you restart the system the keyboard lights up but did not work like it was locked. When he arrives in windows continues.

Ask the manufacturer for a firmware update. If none is available or they are unwilling to support your model, disable xHCI.

Chino wrote:
Sometimes USB devices can cause conflicts at boot. One of the most common symptons is seeing the blinking dash on a black screen. So this can be related to a legacy USB device and not a BIOS bug. Usually when your system halts, you should see the AE QCODE on the DEBUG LED.

This usually happens when you run into system stability. Clearing the CMOS will bring everything back to stock defaults. Sometimes the XMP takes a second to appear but it does eventually.

Ask the manufacturer for a firmware update. If none is available or they are unwilling to support your model, disable xHCI.

Hey

I have a K70 and i have 0 problems with it. I also happen to use logitech gaming software for my mouse (g502) and also have no problems with it. On my K70 there is a "bios" switch which is supposed to provide more compatibility. Use setting #1 then see if it helps, if not, use setting #2 and so on. That might be it.

Hope this helps

Max
Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
Case : Corsair 780T
Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
Monitor : Asus RoG Swift

Red_Jhon
Level 10
Chino Thanks for your reply. I did not understand one thing ... why if I disable the SVID in bios CPU / RAM disappears the problem. With SVID car I see the indent at least once in four reboots. Disabling svid thirty reboots have not seen once the dash.

During OC, svid should be kept on AUTO or be disabled? thanks

As for the keyboard, unfortunately you can not update the firmware. XHCI what is it? What is the exact item?

P.S. As for the items in the bios, I waited a bit but nothing appears if I reset the bios settings to default setting.

...like USB devices I have only the corsair k70 and mouse logitech G19. I have nothing else.

Thanks

Chino
Level 15
During overclocking, I'd set SVID to disabled.

xHCI is an option in the BIOS. Disabling it will lose USB 3.0 functionality but it will solve most of the issues with legacy USB devices on the X99 platform. Another alternative is to replace the peripherals.

Hello Chino, then SVID does not solve anything .. Today I had again the problem of the white dash block of code AE.

But explain to me how is it that 30 times the system boots without problems and one time I see this problem? When it starts then it does quite often. I do not understand. I checked but there aren't firmware for corsair k70. I really have to disable the 3.0? Absurd. There is the opportunity to better support this keyboard via bios?

Chino
Level 15
In most situations, the system halting with the AE QCODE points to an USB device preventing it from posting successfully. It happens to me as well when I have an old generic gamepad connected. As soon as I disconnect it and hit restart, everything works very well.

I've quoted Praz for a more detail look into this issue.
Praz wrote:
Hello

Most USB issues with the X99 platform can be attributed to legacy USB devices not properly supporting Intel's latest USB 3.0 specifications, particularly the revised xHCI specification. Disconnect all USB devices and reconnect them one at a time until the offending devices are identified. Update the firmware for these devices. If the manufacturer is unable or unwilling to provide the compliant firmware replacing the device is the only option. Disabling xHCI in the motherboard's UEFI may solve some of these issues at the expense of disabling USB 3.0.

Sometimes disabling xHCI doesn't solve the problem. In that case, the USB peripheral will need to be replaced.