cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G56jk massive fps drop from 60 to 5 , graphic update related

Vamptacos
Level 7
hey every1 , first time posting here so ...
my problem is with updating my driver , i got gta v today and launched it on the online mod but there was black lines all over my characters body and face .
so naturally i googled it and every1 said to update my driver to the latest one and it work
but the problem is i get massive fps drop after 1 minute in every game i own , dragon age inquisition , elder scrolls online , the secret world etc etc ...
the only driver for me without any problems so far is 344 but i can't play gta without being able to see my character and enjoy it 😞
thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english :X
11 REPLIES 11

karmeck
Level 7
sound like a throttling issue, what are your temps then playing using this new driver.

Vamptacos
Level 7
it's the same as the 344 driver , around 75 -80 C
i really don't know what to do

Vamptacos
Level 7
please some1 help me 😞

hmscott
Level 12
Vamptacos wrote:
hey every1 , first time posting here so ...
my problem is with updating my driver , i got gta v today and launched it on the online mod but there was black lines all over my characters body and face .
so naturally i googled it and every1 said to update my driver to the latest one and it work
but the problem is i get massive fps drop after 1 minute in every game
the only driver for me without any problems so far is 344 but i can't play gta without being able to see my character and enjoy it 😞
thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english :X

Vamptacos, there are several postings about low FPS drops in GTA V for 350.12, and it sounds like it comes down to 3 things.

1. Clean out the old Nvidia stuff with DDU if a Custom=>Clean install didn't work. I always do a Custom=>Clean install and reboot!

Finally fixed my fps drop/stuttering problem
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/332fkv/finally_fixed_my_fps_dropstuttering_prob...

2. Run as Windows 7 compatibility mode

GTA 5 , fps drop from 55 to 9 ! (GTX 850M) [SOLVED]
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/826163/pc-games/gta-5-fps-drop-from-55-to-9-gtx-850m-/

3. GeForce Experience Shield/Streaming crap - disable it, or uninstall/don't install GeForce Experience for now, details here:

G751 performance in GTA V
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60247-G751-performance-in-GTA-V&p=492206&viewfull=1#post49...

New laptop GPU Geforce tunings have been coming out, update Game tunings in Geforce Experience.

4. Another would be to double check your Nvidia 3D settings, they get cleared after a Custom=>Clean install. Use Single Display, Prefer High Performance,

And, check out the youtube videos, and postings with tweaks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuQu-y0GnPM

Please post what helped and didn't help, once you get it running 🙂

Vamptacos
Level 7
i'll try every thing u listed here and thank you for ur response but like i said all of my games r now locked on 5 6 fps , it's not just gta v :((

Vamptacos
Level 7
no1 knows what to do ? 😞 seriously ?:( tonight i downloaded the following drivers and tested all of them here is the results :
333 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds
344.75 - works fine , the only driver that i don't have a problem with .
345.20 - works fine as well but the black lines still remains in gta v
347.09 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds
347.25 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds
347.52 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds
350.12 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds

also , i've tried everything u said hmscott but still having this damn problem ...

Vamptacos wrote:
no1 knows what to do ? 😞 seriously ?:( tonight i downloaded the following drivers and tested all of them here is the results :
333 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds
344.75 - works fine , the only driver that i don't have a problem with .
345.20 - works fine as well but the black lines still remains in gta v
347.09 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds
347.25 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds
347.52 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds
350.12 - fps drops to 5-6 after 30 seconds

also , i've tried everything u said hmscott but still having this damn problem ...

Vamptacos, I don't know what else to try, the G56JK might be the difference, have you filed a Technical Inquiry with Asus? Maybe go that route to debug with them, and remind them to do what they can to make Nvidia aware of the problem, so future updates support the G56JK again 🙂

https://vip.asus.com

When you did a Custom=>Clean install each time, the settings get set back to Default each time for all Nvidia Settings.

Maybe there is a different default for those 2 drivers that work, vs the versions that don't.

Maybe note all the default settings that are there for a driver version that works, and then the next released version that doesn't, and compare those default settings and see if there is something you can change to match the drivers that work for a driver that doesn't - otherwise you need to get Nvidia to make a fix.

Vamptacos
Level 7
hello ?:(

Vamptacos
Level 7
so ... apparently no1 in geforce and rog forums and asus support knows how to solve this problem ! 😄
i've tried reinstalling my windows 😞 the only drivers i installed first was intel hd graphics and geforce and still nothing ...!! clean install didn't work , changing settings in nvidia panel was pointless ..
updating bios still nothing .. i've done everything i could have found on the internet !! and nothing changed .. , no virus no malware

ty scott i'll

edit: i compared the setting and it's the same 😞
and every time i try to fill an inquiry i get "cannot be empty" error ! there is no empty text box or whatever it's called in english