cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D to 3D screen upgrade possible for Asus G750 JX?

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
Hello my friends

i read all things related with the change of a 2D screen, in G750JX, to a 3D screen, some say it´s possible, some don´t because of the plug in area on the motherboard.

So, i´m dispose to change my motherboard and screen, to use 3D on my laptop.

Can someone tell me if this is possible, and if yes, where could i buy a motherboard, and a 3D screen for this model??

Thanks in advance for the answer my friends
6 REPLIES 6

hmscott
Level 12
Al_Jourgensen wrote:
Hello my friends

i read all things related with the change of a 2D screen, in G750JX, to a 3D screen, some say it´s possible, some don´t because of the plug in area on the motherboard.

So, i´m dispose to change my motherboard and screen, to use 3D on my laptop.

Can someone tell me if this is possible, and if yes, where could i buy a motherboard, and a 3D screen for this model??

Thanks in advance for the answer my friends

Hi Al, long time no see 🙂

Unfortunately you would need to change a lot to get the 3D screen running on your JX. It would require a new motherboard and screen, adapter card to the screen, and probably other stuff we don't know about 🙂

It would be better to just lay in wait on Ebay and other for sale boards and keep your eye's out for a G750JX 3D or G750JH 3D.

I have seen a couple of completed for sale listings over time, but haven't seen one available for sale for a long time.

Please post your new G750JX/JH 3D acquisition when you find one 🙂

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
Hello My Friend

Thank you very much for your kind help again. I guess i have to sell this one, and buy another.....

Thank you again

gazzacbr
Level 10
Hi,
@Al_Jourgensen: Watching movies is fine on my JX (see sig) and the shiny screen colours are great. Only thing is i have to put up with the giggles from the family who say I look like Brains from Thunderbirds 😞
If you want to play games then the 770M really struggles at 120Hz.
I can play most new fps games at reasonabley high settings at 60Hz in 2D but have to turn the settings down to medium for 3D.
The games are playable and good fun in 3D but you really need a faster card to max out the graphics.

For my next laptop I would still try for a 3D screen but with the best graphics card I could get.

The JX does everything I need for now and the SSDs make a whole lot of difference.
Its just a shame that nothing can be done about the graphics card.
Thats just the way laptops are now.
(I updated my previous Acer laptop a few years ago)

As hmscott says, let us know what you find out there 🙂
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

gazzacbr wrote:
Hi,
@Al_Jourgensen: Watching movies is fine on my JX (see sig) and the shiny screen colours are great. Only thing is i have to put up with the giggles from the family who say I look like Brains from Thunderbirds 😞
If you want to play games then the 770M really struggles at 120Hz.
I can play most new fps games at reasonabley high settings at 60Hz in 2D but have to turn the settings down to medium for 3D.
The games are playable and good fun in 3D but you really need a faster card to max out the graphics.

For my next laptop I would still try for a 3D screen but with the best graphics card I could get.

The JX does everything I need for now and the SSDs make a whole lot of difference.
Its just a shame that nothing can be done about the graphics card.
Thats just the way laptops are now.
(I updated my previous Acer laptop a few years ago)

As hmscott says, let us know what you find out there 🙂

Thank you my friend for your kind answer. Please just tell me, you had upgrade yours with a 3D screen, or bought it with the 3D screen already?

thank you

gazzacbr
Level 10
Hi, mine came with the 3D screen.
i am pretty sure it would be near impossible to upgrade aftewards.

i actually bought it originally because i didnt want a matte screen after seeing both side by side in the shop.
the 3D was advertised for both laptops although it turns out that its only completely true for external monitors.

only after i bought it i discovered it had a 120hz screen that is not connected as most laptops are, i.e. direct to the nvidia card and not through optimess and intel (by very confusing efforts to install os x mavericks, its a long story)

lucky for me also was that mine came with 2 standard hard disk drive bays and not the strange (and expensive) sata drive
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

Ok Thank You My Friend 😉