cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change location in Asus Gaming Center?

Phil_Marshall
Level 7
Hi

I have a new G751JL laptop. Its great other than when using the gaming center it reports that my location is Harrogate which is wrong.

Presumably this is a windows setting somewhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Phil
6 REPLIES 6

Arkanis
Level 7
I am also having this issue.

I'm in Brantford, Ontario and it's reporting the weather for North Middlesex, Ontario.

sk2play
Level 13
You have a CLOCK in the lower right task bar on your screen. Click on the Time and left click on Change date and time settings.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

sk2play wrote:
You have a CLOCK in the lower right task bar on your screen. Click on the Time and left click on Change date and time settings.

That has nothing to do with the location reported in the Gaming Center.

Arkanis wrote:
That has nothing to do with the location reported in the Gaming Center.

I am having the same issue. This is not a PC clock issue. This is something in the Asus Gaming Center Application that is not detecting the location correctly.

To sk2play's reply:
"Then ignore it . . . it is not pertinent for most apps" That was the most stupid, useless and extremely unhelpful reply I have seen yet.. Ignoring it is not an answer. This is something that I hope Asus will fix.

To see the incorrect location is bothersome. I would have hoped that there would be a way to edit settings or set a location manually. Mine is showing Colorado and I am in Texas. It is an issue being that it is part of the app. If it is not pertinent then take it out of the application if it is not intended to function correctly..

Hi,

I was bored last night and decided to see if I could get some ASUS G751JL Software to download and run on my PC.

I installed Asus Gaming Center and, well it doesn't do much.
I have not worked out yet how to get the software to think I have Macro Keys on my keyboard.
I have no ROG Audio Wizard running yet.

However It does have a clock, weather, and tells me how much disk space and memory I have.
However I had the same problem that you report. The weather was from a totally different location.

I am running Windows 8.1.
The solution is to uncheck all location options in Control Panel, disconnect WIFI, log off Windows 8.1, log on again,
start Asus Gaming Center.
You should just see the clock and no weather or weather location.
Reconnect to WIFI.
Your location should now be correct.
Control Panel Settings attached.

If you are looking for something really snazzy?
Download and install the new Asus AEGIS Control Center.
Widget that is available at the Downloads Center for the ROG G20/GR8 Desktop.
I have it up and running and i will upload a screenshot next...

It looks really nice and gives you PC information, allows you to set alarms, has a clock,
allows you to monitor temps and fans. It even plays some crazy "computer music".
Thankfully you can turn the music off if you want.

Hope this helps.
Bye.
Colesdav.

sk2play
Level 13
Then ignore it . . . it is not pertinent for most apps
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit