cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I RMA G751JY help!

Gurendaiza
Level 7
Hello , ROG fans and owners,

I just bought my new G751JY yesterday and i have been using it for the last 6 hours . I'v used many ROG laptops before but i noticed the g751jy suffers a problem with high temps and fan not going above 3k RPM even on high load (where the fan actually needs to cool the internals)

i'v stress tested the cpu and gpu the same time using Prime95 and FurMark as someone suggested on this forum to get the temps and fan speed at full load.

i will be posting pictures of both idle and full load taken while the stress test running .

I'am reaching a max of 93c per core on full load which is above 92c and its funny that the fan is not pushing harder to go over 3k to cool off the cpu!

please help me out in making a decision whether to RMA this laptop or just stick to what i have , btw iam using 980m and bios updated to 205.

i really like the rog g751jy so far iam just worried that this will cause issues in the future. I fried rog laptop gpus before playing ffxiv and this is acutally the main reason i'am worried.

idle
max load

regards
49 REPLIES 49

QC_AGENT
Level 7
If the temp is your unique concern and everything else is fine (the screen, the sound, webcam, usb ports) I would rater send it to an authorised tech shop for a warranty thermal repaste. If there is none in your location, then, go RMA.

Personnally, my WebCam was faulty and I chosen a warranty repair. Even though I bought it from an Online store (NewEgg), a local dealer was kind enough to take care of it since he was an authorised seller.

The risk of sending it RMA is to get something worst in exchange.

Gurendaiza
Level 7
well thanks for your reply, i have a 7 days return thingy so I can still do that but first wanna make sure if this is normal or not.
i mean is this what everyone complaing about...

QC_AGENT
Level 7
I believe yours to be hot based on what I read before. Howerver, I did not even tested mine yet, since it feels cool to me. I'll install CPUID and run it tonight and let you know the results. Since they had to change the Motherboard to fix my webcam issue, I expect the Thermal paste to have been done properly by the tech who worked the issue. Lets see what happens.

Gurendaiza
Level 7
thanks man for helping out.. i really like the laptop but I don't want faulty one.

TeMagic
Level 7
Send it in for repair is my recommendation. It probably is a loose heatsink and/or thermal paste problem. Not a biggie but your temperatures are a bit high. Should be a small thing for the reseller to correct without messing anything else up in the process.
Conspiracy is nothing!

Clintlgm
Level 14
Your within the return period I would just return it and get another one or go to another retailer for another one. You never know what is going to happen at the repair center. You'll have a good chance of getting a better one with a replacement from the seller.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Gurendaiza
Level 7
thanks all for your time and effort, the reason iam asking is because iv sewn alot of complaints on the forum regarding this issue but no one mentioned RMAing or replacing cause of the chances of getting a nastier one I will see what others have to say about it or i might just refund it to get a desktop and save at least 600$

QC_AGENT
Level 7
Its not that bad. Keep in mind that only people having issue are complaining. The satisfied custommers do not show up here. Most Laptop are fine

Gurendaiza
Level 7
i just played csgo which is considered light gaming ,

cpu max = 86c
gpu max = 69c

i called them up , i will probably get an exchange tomorrow or a new desktop ,, but mostly a new rog!