cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750jw no response from any input black screen

matthew1205
Level 7
Hi. I need some help I'll make it short. When I put on the laptop the keyboard will light up and the optical drive will spool up as well as the hard drives. But the screen will not come on. When I plug it into an external monitor nothing will show. Any inputs into the keyboard will not do anything. All the best offs work so I guess it must be a software problem. Any help will good.
11 REPLIES 11

delfrogo
Level 7
I had the same issue. It will eventually come back on. Once it does do the following before you shutdown again. It's an issue with hibernate/fast boot.

Check this thread.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48092-ASUS-ROG-G750JX-won-t-boot&p=491907#post491907

Thanks. But this has been happening for a month now and the screen still stays blank as in no light or anything it just stays off. After multiple restarts it still doesn't come on. I can't even acess the bios.

matthew1205 wrote:
Thanks. But this has been happening for a month now and the screen still stays blank as in no light or anything it just stays off. After multiple restarts it still doesn't come on. I can't even acess the bios.

matthew1205, so how are you using the laptop? External screen?

Did you disable Fast Startup (also Shutdown) by using a Run As Administrator cmd window and run: powercfg /hibernate off ??

If you can't get the display to work, RMA it to get it fixed 🙂

Nonpossible
Level 7
Try shutting down, remove the battery for a few minutes and boot back up. I hope I don't encounter this problem too!

Thanks for the advice but this problem started a month ago and the screen has not come on since.

matthew1205 wrote:
Thanks for the advice but this problem started a month ago and the screen has not come on since.

matthew1205, tick tock, warranty is running out - if no warranty is left you can still ask Asus nicely to fix it for you... what are you waiting for? Send it in for RMA and get it fixed 🙂

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry describing the problem and request an RMA to fix it.

matthew1205
Level 7
The laptop is a brick right now. A very expensive one probably more than a brick of gold. I can't even get into the bios even with an external monitor.

Wulff
Level 9
as hmscott say send it in or repair bro, otherwise you are just left with an expensive brick. what more can be said. you say it wont turn on, yeah we got that 🙂 but if you still under warranty for the notebok now is the time to send it to them cause it seems this is an issue that cannot be fixed with a few easy tricks here and there.if yu have tried to shut it down and remove the battery for a while as someone else suggested here, and that didnt help the only other chjoice would be to send it to asus so they can repair it for you. If you didnt do anything strange with the laptop they will fix it for you for sure

Thanks. I just wanted to check to forums to see if I could have done anything to fix it before I send it in for repairs.