cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there anywhere a proper guide? manual or video for this mainboard???

rocafella1978
Level 8
hi everyone, i have just purchase a completely new system, and was wondering if there is any manual or video or
guide to explain what to do and how to install all the parts, wires, and etc which come in the box of this motherboard?

i have searched and searched without any luck...

OC panel??? what and how to connect everything?
--- what fans get connected to the 4x ports on the OC panel? any guide or manual in detail for the OC panel at all?
--- called FAN1, FAN2, FAN3, FAN4? what connects to those? can you hook up any fans to these connections? case fans? memory fans? CPU fans?
--- VGA_SENSE1 and VGA_SENSE2 what are those for? what to connect there?
--- 2x switches ON and OFF? what is that for?
--- VGA SMB C1 and D1 what are those for? what to connect?
--- VGA_OV2 and VGA_OV1? what are those for and what to connect?

there is a small bag of little plastic thingies, what to do with those??? (black plastic pieces with ground, USB, PLED written on them)
there is transparent piece of plastic? what to do with that? what is it for?

Thermal Sensor cables and wires what and where to connect and what to do with them?
where to put the sensor wire and sensors itself? how to and location? how to stick/ make them stay in place?

another plastic bag with LGA 2011 BP 1441 big metal piece with ASUS P/N# 13020-00012000 what is that for? do I need it?

the manual doesn't explain nor show anything which comes with it...not even the USB 3.1 card included in the box is explained...

???? why can't I ever get through to ASUS and why doesn't support call back??

spending $$$$ a lot on ASUS parts...and not much coming back so far...
66 REPLIES 66

rocafella1978
Level 8
on the motherboard there is USB1314 connection and USB1112 connection, can i connect:
--- the plug from my case (USB2.0 front panel) to USB1314
and
--- the plug from multi-card reader/ USB2.0 port 5.25 panel to USB1112?

Chino
Level 15

hi Chino, i have gone over it at least 4-5 times, honestly, i mean i know my last PC build is over 10 years ago, and this is all new, but really OC Panel is not explained at all for example.

rocafella1978
Level 8
for example: Manual 1-42 - for power. does not really explain what and how to connect, yes it explains what is important and what not to forget.

- have CORSAIR AX1200i, but have not figured out, how or if need to connect only 1x cable to EATX12V_1, which is possible, but no cable available for EATX12V_2.
- also connected and cable possible for EATXPWR which seems to be the only large connector
- and then there is EZ_PLUG, don't have that one anyways, but is says not to forget to connect....for multiple cars...not that i have it, but how would you connect it anyways? when the EZ_PLUG is closed????

Chino
Level 15
If you want, we can take it one step at a time. Just don't bomb me with 20 questions. lol

Power connections. Ok. Connect the 24 pin, 8 pin and 4 pin power cables to the motherboard headers. Your AX1200i should have all 3 of those cables. If you're running 3 or more GPUs, then I'd recommend you populate the EZ_Plug header. If not, you can leave it alone. In case you were wondering, you need a molex cable for that header.

rocafella1978
Level 8
just really need help,...that's all. this is all new to me and trying to learn, but i really think for a newbie without instruction hard to understand. (or maybe i am too old to understand without installation guides...)

drop4205
Level 12
Like Chino says we can take it one step at a time. On the 1200i the 24,8 and 4 pin connectors will say CPU on the side that connects to the slots on the board. The 4 pin is really 2 4pin connectors that snap together so you will need to just split it in half. There is a clip that holds them together.
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

drop4205 wrote:
Like Chino says we can take it one step at a time. On the 1200i the 24,8 and 4 pin connectors will say CPU on the side that connects to the slots on the board. The 4 pin is really 2 4pin connectors that snap together so you will need to just split it in half. There is a clip that holds them together.

got that done, will post pictures of what i have done following your postings here and replies, million thanks!! thank you guys so much!

drop4205
Level 12
there is a small bag of little plastic thingies, what to do with those??? (black plastic pieces with ground, USB, PLED written on them)
these connect the case front headers to the motherboard in a clean fashion and its marked to show where they connect to. After connected to the system panel header it plugs in the motherboard.

another plastic bag with LGA 2011 BP 1441 big metal piece with ASUS P/N# 13020-00012000 what is that for? do I need it?
not needed as it for LN2 cooling

Can you post what case, cpu, cpu cooler, fans and how many you are going to use and gpu or gpus?
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11