cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Custom Build Suggestions

Igorek247
Level 7
Hey everybody! My name is Igor. I decided to do upgrade from my X79 system to Z97. That said, I also decided to make a new custom case that is smaller version of what i have right now.
I hope you can give me some more ideas as to how i can improve the looks of it. New case is an open air version. Thank you in advance 😉

Old case:

I became friends with Sketch Up and here's what i have so far:

Let me know what you think and any suggestions/ideas are much appreciated! :cool:
11 REPLIES 11

drop4205
Level 12
looks kool. It make the panel for the pus and oc panel come out further so you will be able to maybe hide some of the wires behind it from the psu but them the symmetry will be off from the top. Are you planning to do custom wiring to make them as short as possible?
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Igorek247
Level 7
Thank you for reply. All wires are going to be inside the red plate in the middle so dont need to do custom wiring, just gonna sleeve them. Im not happy about the top panel on radiators. Need to change it to something better...

Much better looking, but probably not good enough...

Antronman
Level 10
Top rad panel looks fine. Just slap a vertical RoG logo on top of it.

Rotate the OC panel 90 degrees so It faces the rear.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Igorek247
Level 7

A little update on what i have so far. Thanks to Antroman for giving me idea with Rog logos.
I now think closed case would be a better idea to do. Let me know what you think

Nate152
Hi Igor

The ROG logos look cool on there and closing it makes it look more like a completed pc. The only thing now is how or where to put some exhaust fans for air flow.

I like the big reservoir in the front too. if you use uv coolant maybe you could incorporate some 3mm-5mm uv LED lights into it some how. Some people don't like colored coolants though, just a suggestion.

Igorek247
Level 7
Thanks for the ideas Nate. Yes im one of those ppl who dont like colored coolants. I always use distilled water with biocide and my loop is really clean.
About exhaust fans, i am gonna put a few 92mm in the back panel so air circulates through components.
The only thing now is I think whatever i had for open air case looks better than closed one. Closed case looks like a rectangular box...

Nate152
It does look rectangular closed but it would help alot to keep dust from getting to your components over time.

Antronman
Level 10
You're forgetting your quick-release (USB) ports. Make sure that the motherboard ports stick out the back, and see if you can't fit a USB hub on the top of the case somewhere.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Igorek247
Level 7
Hey guys! Finally had some time to work on Sketch up. Got some screens to share...

I was looking at this case

and it just came to my head i could do some nice mod to it...

Huge ROG logos on both sides... How about that for a turnaround?