cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Issues on a Asus Rampage lV Black Edition Mother Board. Not Happy At all

Goggle_Eye
Level 7
If some one could make a recommendations on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated. Have had Asus Mother boards for 18+ years and only one fail Rampage ll. Asus USA very prompt and provided a RMA slip and I had a new mother board in less than 10 days. Owned a Rampage lll B.E. I 7 980x never an issue to and 7 other Asus M/Boards. All ways been faith full towards Asus due to my experience with RMA, Tech support and ROG. I understand policies change from country to country. I do not understand why Asus refuses to inspect my mother board. This is kinda long I apologize but I am venting some steam in the dumps.

Rampage lV Black Edition 7 months old. The computer continually powers off and boots to BIOS. Power Surge Detected by the PSU system shut down to protect the hardware or something to that effect. Over clocked no. I 7 4930K Power Supply Corsair 1200w Gold Edition new power supply. The front on switch would work however the reset button would not work. New Computer Case CaseLabs Magnum 8 double wide uses Lamptron switches. Over Clocked No. Had the power checked at the point of entry and power at the point of use. No issues with the electrical coming into our home.

1. went into BIOS and disabled the Anti Surge protection did not want to do. Same issue computer powers down and boots to BIOS.
2. Took the computer apart and examined all of the wiring.
3. Built the computer on a card board box. Same issue.
4. Examining the mother board there is a loose capacitor in the bottom right corner of the mother board just above the OC Panel connectors. The capacitor is loose on the two pins inside the capacitor not at the mother board. The capacitor if you are very carefull will lift off the two pins with out any pressure applied. The 2 pins are solderd down to the mother board. Place the capacitor back on to the pins is not an issue.

The R4BE is setting on my desk.

Asus Tech support first said the mother board was under warranty. Would not issue a case number or RMA number. They told me to contact a company by the name of Synnex in Thailand. They want to sell me a new mother board. Contacted Asus Tech support again. Today I was told the mother board is damaged and the warranty does not apply. Please explain. They told me when you purchase a new Asus Mother board if the mother board is damaged it must be returned to the retailer with in 7 days. The retailer may or may not replace the mother board it is up to them. Asus would not replace the mother board since the capacitor is loose. Asus refuses to examine the mother board for defects.

Have but one choice purchase a new Asus Rampage lV Black Edition 589,00 US dollars or build a new system. After my experience I am not sure if I will purchase any more Asus Products bit undecided. At least this is how I feel at the moment. Sorry to say that. Loyalty to me means a lot I am old school duck and cover. Means as a child growing up we had air raid warnings and ducked under your school desk for cover. Nt saying how old I am up in the years.

Thank you for listening to my rambling on.

Larry
CaseLabs Magnum 8
Asus Rampage 4 Black Edition
I7 4930K 4.5GHz
Noctua NH D14
G-Skill Z Series 2133 MHz 16 Gb
2x GTX 780 S.C.
PSU Corsair AX 1500 I
2 x Samsung 850 Pro 2 Tbs Each
2 x Intel 730 Series 480 GBs Each
Sound On Board
2 REPLIES 2

Ipswicher
Level 7
Hi Google Eye - Larry

I note that your lament has had 646 views, at this time of writing.

Perhaps the concept of Statutory and Implied Warranties seem to have escaped ASUS's attention. 7 days is not proper for such an expensive piece of kit. "Dead on arrival" is not a proper policy.

My motherboards are replaced every 4 to 5 years and that is only because I am a Graphic Designer and have a professional need for speed.

Perhaps the local statute of limitations is in order. 6 years in Australia. For the price, 7 or 8 months is uncalled for.

The retailer needs to be approached again, for they sold it. Making consumers go to the manufacturer is not tolerated in Australia.

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi Google Eye,

I know it's been a couple weeks since you've posted this, but since Ipswicher bumped the post, I caught it.

I hope you are able to get the board fixed (replaced, rma, warranty / etc).

But should your attempts fail or you give up, there is one last thing you may try.

From what you've indicated (reboots, loose capacitor), the capacitor is likely to be the whole problem and needs replaced with one having the same value.

Here is a link to another forum where's there's a wealth of information to help you with this task.
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/index.php

I can help you further in this regard should you ask.

I hope this helps.