cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating asus drivers

hakonab
Level 7
Greetings,
First off, i would like to apologize if im in the wrong thread. I recently bought an "ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71." Its a really nice laptop but i ran across a problem an hour ago; the wifi(wireless) speeds are horrible.
For my other laptop, i could get 41.3mb/s download speed while i get 13.2mb/s for this asus.( i tried both 2.4 and 5.0 and they're pretty similar)
It also seems like the connection drops from time to time.

I've been searching for a solution for a while now, and I came across something that deals with updating the drivers(for the network card, specifically).
If i do the normal windows driver update, it says that its currently up to date, so im not really sure right now. could someone please help me? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Deon017
Level 8

Deon017 wrote:
check your drivers here:

http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/GL551JW/HelpDesk_Download/

Thanks, i'll see if updating the driver fixes the problem

hakonab
Level 7
It seems like every wireless drivers are up to date. Still, the connection is somewhat slower than expected.

hakonab
Level 7
Its me again, i found out whats the main problem(this applies to the 5.2Ghz connection, 2.4Ghz has a stronger signal/range, but the download speed is weak overall).
In honesty, the network card is actually pretty good, even in wireless. i'm a couple of feet away from the router and im using a wireless connection.
With that, im downloading a game at 7.8mb/s(highest ive ever seen). The problem lies with the wifi range. When i walk into my room, the signal suddenly drops
between 3-4 bars(download speed of 2-3.2mb/s), which gives me a slower download/internet speed altogether. What i might just do is purchase/configure a repeater, or even an access point to boost my connection.
This issue has been resolved for the most part, and mods, feel free to delete this thread if necessary.

wcxabyo
Level 7
driver update, it says that its currently up to date, so im not really sure right now. could someone please help me? Thanks!?

http://www.esixsigma.co