cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus ranger vii sound

purplehaze031
Level 7
Hi guys i recently completed a build with the maximus ranger mobo everything is working fine and i have sound but for some reason i cant get the realtek HD audio manager to open up, its in the notifications panel on the taskbar its set as always been shown but its still not showing. I have checked control panel and its not in there, i tried the drivers which came with the cd and also the newest drivers off the asus website but still no luck.. anyone have any ideas? thanks
3 REPLIES 3

keand3
Level 7
This is familiar, i experienced the same with my HeroVII. Actually i had two different issues with it earlier.

1. The easiest way that solved the problem of not able to open it, was to open it up through control panel and sound tab. Then open the realtek program icon.

2. Other time there seemed to have been some issues during the installation process, so i deleted it and used driver sweeper and remove all left over files. Reinstalled it and it worked properly again.

Btw, is it the ROG interface realtek drivers you are installing?

yeah.. ill give them a go thanks dude

purplehaze031
Level 7
couldnt find the realtek icon in the sound tab and i downloaded driver sweeper uninstalled in normal boot, run driver sweeper in safe mode, reinstalled newest drivers and back to square 1 lol, icon is back in notifications panel but not showing because its not "active" :confused: