cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Update GPU Drivers??

Hybridbunny
Level 7
Got an Asus G20 with a GTX 980, and I've read somewhere that Asus "Recommends" that I should only update drivers via its support page. But my nVidia GeForce Experience keeps pestering me to update my GPU drivers from Version 347.52 to the new GTA 5 Optimised Version 350.12.

So, can I/should I upgrade? or if I do upgrade will a black hole appear and suck the entire planet into the vaccum of space? :cool:
3 REPLIES 3

nickbaldwin86
Level 7
Do you play GTA5? if not then why bother? just saying... I am not on the GTA5 drivers, because I dont play GTA5... waste of my time to install drivers for a single game that I don't play.

Oh and just grab whatever drivers from NV.com or from the Geforce Experience program

Limabean
Level 7
If your games run fine with existing Nvidia drivers, I wouldn't bother updating. The feedback thread on the Nividia forums for version 350.12 contains lots of problems reported. This doesn't necessarily mean you'll have problems, but it's an indication of likelihood. I'm playing GTA 5 with older drivers and the game runs really well with my GTX 970. I ignore the notification from GeForce Experience to update the drivers.

Nate152