cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS AI Suite 3 (for Rampage V Extreme, 5-Optimization) guide, PDF, manual, how-to???

rocafella1978
Level 8
does ASUS have any kind of manual, video, instructions, how-to and/ or similar how to use, start off, first steps to AI SUITE 3 once it is installed?
this is the first screen when clicking first time on AI SUITE 3 icon. (asks you to click on 5-way optimization BUTTON)
once you click on the button, next is a series of CHECKED and UNCHECKED options, and what does one do there?
I am not wanting to overclock/ NO OVERCLOCKER here, but i do want to monitor many things, like the fans in the case and also the thermal sensors i have connected to the motherboard inside the case for CPU, GPU and MEMORY/ RAM modules.

so what do i do and what do i choose? check or uncheck?

this is my system:
• CORSAIR Graphite Series 730T Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Gaming Case
• CORSAIR AXi series AX1200i 1200W Digital ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready
• ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
• INTEL Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75930K Desktop Processor
• NOCTUA NH-U12 S for Intel LGA 2011,1156,1155,1150 and AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3/3+,FM1/2 Sockets, U Type, 5 Heatpipe,120mm CPU Cooler Cooling
• CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) Desktop Memory Model CMD32GX4M4B3000C15
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GD5 12GB
• SAMSUNG 850 PRO MZ-7KE512BW 2.5" 512GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
• SAMSUNG 850 EVO MZ-75E250B/AM 2.5” 256GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
• SEAGATE Hybrid Drives STCL4000400 4TB MLC/8GB SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ Desktop SSHD
• ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS

i also found this link: http://promos.asus.com/US/TCO/pages/UserExperience/AISuite.html
which does not explain RVE 5-way optimization at all, watched youtube videos and searched all over, all are about other motherboards and 4-way optimization, i could not locate nor find anything on RVE and 5-optimization and a starting guide, installation instruction and how to get started with AI SUITE 3 and RVE/ 5-way optimization.
also found this, again only for 4-WAY OPTI and nothing for RVE 5-way OPTI.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z87-DELUXE/DE128_Z87_AI_Suite3.pdf

any other ideas? or will ASUS come out with something for RVE users??? thank you all for your help in advance and hope ASUS can clarify this here.
28 REPLIES 28

Chino
Level 15
If overclocking isn't in your plans, just skip that entire tab. Most of the utilities in the AI Suite III program is dedicated to tweaking your system. If you're not sure of what they do, I'd recommend you don't fool around with any of them. 🙂

rocafella1978
Level 8
how can I monitor 6x fans inside the case any other way?
also how can i monitor the 3x thermal wires/ sensors connected to T_SENSOR1, 2 and 3?

but agree not fooling around with AI SUITE 3 anymore...leaving it be. 😮

rocafella1978
Level 8
i do wish though, for newbies like me AI SUITE 3 for RVE had a nice documented installation guide and how-to guide :cool:

Chino
Level 15
The monitoring part of AI Suite 3 is Fan Xpert III. With that you can tweak the fan speed to your liking. If you look at the bottom of the AI Suite III program, you can see the readings for the different temperatures and sensors if you have any connected.

rocafella1978
Level 8
hi Chino, will look tomorrow for sure, i did notice only 3x fans were shown, but i know i have 6x Fans in case connected to all 6x connectors on motherboard, and 1x CPU Fan connected to CPU Fan connector on motherboard. (only CPU fan Optional is free) but in AI Suite 3 it was only showing 3x fans + 1x CPU fan .
and i checked and double checked, all fans are running.

coyi1895
Level 10
Fans 1A, 2A, 3A, CPU are masters and fans 1B, 2B, 3B, CPU opt are slaves. So if you tweak 1A then 1B is also tweaked to the same properties. That's why you're only seeing 1A, 2A and 3A and CPU fan.

coyi1895 wrote:
Fans 1A, 2A, 3A, CPU are masters and fans 1B, 2B, 3B, CPU opt are slaves. So if you tweak 1A then 1B is also tweaked to the same properties. That's why you're only seeing 1A, 2A and 3A and CPU fan.

thank you coyi1895, appreciate your feedback and explanation! wonderful and makes sense. do you know where and how to read the T_SENSOR1, 2 and 3 out of windows? out of ASUS software within Windows?
thanks again for your valuable input.

rocafella1978
Level 8
got Corsair Link to work, but have not had guts to start AI SUITE 3, without knowing what i am doing...and i can bypass or skip UNCHECK that first 5-way optimization it is asking me to do. (the program)

rocafella1978 wrote:
got Corsair Link to work, but have not had guts to start AI SUITE 3, without knowing what i am doing...and i can bypass or skip UNCHECK that first 5-way optimization it is asking me to do. (the program)

Hello

Don't run both Corsair Link and AI Suite. Doing so will cause issues when both are polling the bus.