cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K Issue

larsenteam
Level 7
I have a ASUS G750JX-DB71 laptop and have gone through 2 cables now to make it work with a Samsung 4K monitor I purchased. As soon as I plug it in the main display freezes and everything goes black and I never get a signal on the 4k monitor. I have read so many forums I can't see straight and really hope someone has a suggestion that will allow me to get 4k through my thunderbolt port. I have made sure it is a VESA complient cable to avoid the "20 PIN" issue and every other suggestion I can find will not help.
1 REPLY 1

hmscott
Level 12
larsenteam wrote:
I have a ASUS G750JX-DB71 laptop and have gone through 2 cables now to make it work with a Samsung 4K monitor I purchased. As soon as I plug it in the main display freezes and everything goes black and I never get a signal on the 4k monitor. I have read so many forums I can't see straight and really hope someone has a suggestion that will allow me to get 4k through my thunderbolt port. I have made sure it is a VESA complient cable to avoid the "20 PIN" issue and every other suggestion I can find will not help.

larsenteam, what model is the Samsung TV? Is your Windows OS completely updated to Windows 8.1 + latest device drivers?

The connector you speak of is a Display Port connector in this use case, not a Thunderbolt port - are you trying to use a Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to DisplayPort cable? Do you have a make/model of the Display Port cable/adapter you are using, please post.

Does the monitor see the laptop? What do you see in the Nvidia control panel Multi-display set up ? Please post a screen grab of what you are seeing, maybe a photo of what the setup on the Monitor is seeing.