Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antronman View Post
    There's a surprisingly large market for mATX X99.

People with enough money to spend want really impressive LAN machines :P

And there's demand for mobile workstations that are more powerful than laptop workstations. So you can do work on-site and take home your computer and keep working.

More form factors for more platforms also offers modders more capability for some really creative ideas.

"Surprisingly large" would probably equate to no more than 10K boards (thats being exceedingly generous) sold worldwide. What makes the market seem surprisingly large is how vocal the users can be on forums which creates a false perception of reality. Such figures are't even hitting the 10% mark of the total X99 market.

Its the same when issue threads appear on forums - even threads with a seemingly high number of replies and views equate to no more than 50 individual users when you log each name in a list. Most threads fall around the 10~20 user mark.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

It's all relative.

You'd think the market would be even smaller, since there isn't much of a point to mATX X99 except for showing off or mobile workstation.

A surprisingly large market, but still tiny.

One of the big selling points is PCIe lanes, I guess.

But I think SFF systems are kewl as fuark.
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Its probably even smaller than that - realistically I'd be surprised if it hits 4K. From a business point of view, hardly worth R&D time other than brand perception in certain places.

Of course, that may still be "surprisingly large" to you. To me, it's pretty damn small

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2