cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh Bios and Vbios update checklist

Retired
Not applicable
Hey everyone, I just purchased a used G73JH-RBX005 (best buy) used and it should arrive tomorrow. There is a chance that it has already been updated, but for now I'm assuming that I will have to update the bios and vbios. I've read several guides and threads on the subject, but I still want to make sure I'm minimizing the risk of bricking my new system. Here are the steps I plan on following:

1. Erase and reformat a flash drive to FAT32 using the HP disk utility that is included with the vbios files
2. download bios 213 from asus site
3. place 213 file onto flash drive and flash using ezflash
4. reformat flash drive and turn it into a bootable drive (still FAT32) with the vbios files
5. use the vflash command to flash the vbios

If anyone sees a problem with any of these steps or has any advice to offer for the process please let me know, I would really appreciate it. It seems like as long as everything is done correctly there is only a minimal chance of bricking, so I want to make sure I have everything right. Thanks and hopefully I'll be typing on my new updated G73 tomorrow.
1 REPLY 1

Retired
Not applicable
I'm now coming to you on my new G73 with updated bios and vbios. I got the computer this morning and ran a furmark test which caused the system to crash fairly quickly. After flashing the bios to 213 then flashing the vbios and installing the latest video drivers I ran furmark again and the computer remained stable for a good amount of time before I ended the test. It seems the updates fixed the crashing problem so hopefully I'll be set from now on.

Thanks to everyone who has posted guides and information on the flashes.