cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor bluetooth range

comrade
Level 7
Bought a new Razer Bluetooth mouse to go along with my Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard.

At first, it would not connect at all. The OS, (Win 8.1), says it was searching for any Bluetooth devices, but it would never detect or pair with the mouse. When looking for something on my desk while trying to get it to work, I set the mouse down within about one foot of the computer case. It found the mouse and paired with it.

It works as long as the mouse is kept within a foot of the case, and with nothing between the mouse and the computer. Any way to improve the range? Is there an antenna that I can connect to increase the range?
4 REPLIES 4

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Do you have the R5E included antenna connected?

ROGNewbie24
Level 7
Same issue with me, got a Bose Soundlink Mini and never had any issues with it on my laptop, could be 20ft away with no interruptions or anything. Does the antenna just suck that much or is it the actual on-board that is terrible.

Vlada011
Level 10
My bluetooth on R5E detect immediately old cell phone, without antenna.
But on Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

Aje
Level 7
Did you resolve this issue? I bought the Microsoft Designer Desktop (mouse + keyboard). Worked like a charm with my old Rampage 4 Extreme Black Edition motherboard, as well as with my ASUS U500VZ laptop. But now I've upgraded to the Rampage 5 Extreme motherboard and the system (Win 8.1 Pro) can barely detect the mouse or keyboard. One the mouse is paired, it keeps disconnecting. The keyboard is impossible to pair.

Yes, antenna is connected. Any suggestions?

BR
Andreas