cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what updates will actually improve my performance on my 751JM?

falkenjeff
Level 7
I haven't updated any drivers (except my NVIDIA drivers) since getting my computer in December. Which things will actually improve my performance in games, and by how much?

Will a BIOS update increase my FPS in games?

What about non-driver ASUS software updates, like GPU tweak or gaming center?

I also might need help finding all the proper drivers (I will edit links and stuff into this post when I start actually doing it).
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
If you don't have a SSD that will make a huge difference, there is not much else you can add that will make much of a difference unless your running bunch of VM in that case increase you RAM You should get your hardware drivers from Asus Support Downloads These are all tested and approved drivers. Watch this forum for NVidia driver releases, its best to let others try them out and report back as to how they work some of the newer releases have had issues!
I wouldn't think a BIOS update would increase you FPS in games!
Non Asus software tweakers if you don't know you probably should stay away from them or investigate very carefully.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

hmscott
Level 12
falkenjeff wrote:
I haven't updated any drivers (except my NVIDIA drivers) since getting my computer in December. Which things will actually improve my performance in games, and by how much?

Will a BIOS update increase my FPS in games?

What about non-driver ASUS software updates, like GPU tweak or gaming center?

I also might need help finding all the proper drivers (I will edit links and stuff into this post when I start actually doing it).

falkenjeff, read the forums, do searches, and you will find most/all the info you need 🙂

Asus G751 Support / Download areas
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55572-Asus-G751-Support-Download-areas&p=473863&viewfull=1#...

All Windows / driver updates are important. If you haven't done any updates since December, there are lots to be updated.

As far as FPS, you need to do all the Windows / driver updates to support any new Nvidia drivers - where direct game specific FPS improvements can be had.

Your JM uses Optimus, and the GPU Tweak for Laptops that works on the Optimus laptops doesn't allow any OC except a 5% OC button. So you will need MSI Afterburner or some other such GPU tuning tool.

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility will let you increase the CPU Multipliers for Cores/Cache - do that too.

Again, read both the G751 and G750 forums, and do searches as you find interesting topics to find out more. Much has already been discussed, with solutions.

Have fun 🙂