cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus LifeFrame started by itself?

Bdtry
Level 7
Has anybody ever had this happen?

I just noticed the light beside the webcam turn on and when I tabbed out the Asus LifeFrame was running in the background. I could only see it by minimizing the window I had open. If I alt tabbed to the desktop it would not stay up and there was no program notifiers in the task bar or in the hidden icons area. When I moused over the program it went to the hourglass icon and would not respond and when I X'ed it out the windows prompt came up saying it was not responding etc so I told it to close anyway.

Currently running scans to see if anything picks up but I figured I better come on and ask if anybody else has had this happen. Thankfully I keep it covered at all times for just such an occasion.
4 REPLIES 4

MrRuckus
Level 10
There are viruses/malware/scareware out there that will activate the webcam. Sounds like this may be one of those times. Unless there's a hotkey for it that was accidentally hit? I don't have lifeframe installed so I don't have much experience with it.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Well MWB and Avast (normal and boot time) scans came back all clean. It has not happened again since then.

Any chance some update or something caused it to start up? I dont think there is a hotkey to start it and I never even knew this software was on here since I have never used the webcam before.

code9523
Level 9
uninstall it and be happy also you can disable webcam in bios if you are not using it as I. You can even put some tape on it so you will be sure no one is watching you)))
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

delfrogo
Level 7
This is happening to my G750JW too. I have disabled the webcam in device manager and covered it up with tape. Today was the second time it popped up, this time obviously to a grey screen instead of my face (because I disabled it before when it first happened).