cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Tactic Pro Problem

SyllaRyn
Level 7
I just purchased the keyboard and it just came in today. I hooked it up to my moms laptop and it worked fine but when i went to move it to my computer, the light above the f8 key is flashing and i cant actually use the keyboard? is this a mechanical issue or is it recording a macro and if so how do i stop it?
1 REPLY 1

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Hi Sylla,

Can't believe you didn't receive a reply from anyone. The F8 flashing light means that the firmware is corrupt and need to be updated in order to work. You just need to download the newest beta firmware at this link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Keyboard_Mouse/StrixTacticPro_fwupdate_1_07_V33_20150325....

You need to run it and first click "Into" and wait for that to complete and then you need to click on the "update" button and wait for that to complete. My first try the program closed on me after that "Into" part finished and I opened it up again and the "update" button lighted up and I clicked on that to begin the update process. After that, the keyboard was functioning normally again.