Thank you asus rog website tonight you gave me something special 😕

Ace_c_slider
Level 7
Thanks for the support
6 REPLIES 6

Korth
Level 14
This site has always been clean for me.

Chances are your PC was already infected by something which was actively running or downloading while you visited this site. There is no active or executable code (let alone any malicious code) on these forum pages - aside from the usual (and, on these forums, very limited) browser, java, flash, plugins, etc which run on your client, not on the web server.

It is, however, possible that your antivirus identified files on your computer which came from this site but have been altered/infected by whatever's already infested your machine. Install (and/or update) your firewall, antivirus, and antimalware software from clean copies (downloaded on a clean and secure machine, from the official source sites, onto a removable drive, if possible). And run a full overkill comprehensive scan overnight - if you've already found one infected file (which, I think I can promise, was originally a clean file at this site) then chances are multiple data objects on your computer have already been compromised. Problems of this sort tend to persist and tend to multiply if left unattended.

You might do well to uninstall all browser toolbars and add-ons, clear your caches, and reset everything to default settings. Or simply install a different browser. Microsoft IE is deeply embedded within Windows so it can do a lot of damage (notoriously through ActiveX, .NET, etc) to your OS and data which - in my opinion - a stupid web browser should never be able to directly access. Twice as true if Windows Updates are neglected, as they not only fix problems but openly announce which problems a hacker can exploit on unpatched systems. Chrome or FireFox are better, at least until too much dirty java and too many dubious add-ons get installed.

And if you're a gamer then you must resist the temptation to "temporarily" deactivate your security software in the interests of increasing performance. It's a bad habit which, one way or another, will eventually cause problems which wreck your data and waste a lot of time.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Nate152
The ROG site did have a problem a little while back and I believe it was a certain mischevios someone causing it. It was mentioned that someone was adding things to certain posts that would cause you to get a virus notification but I don't know the whole story. I was getting it too for a while but they fixed it and I haven't seen any since. Do as Korth says and run a full system scan with your antivirus and see if the Trojan still appears when coming to the site.

It was also reported that it is a false positive and no harm will be done to your pc.

Ace_c_slider
Level 7
thanks for everyone's support .

Ace_c_slider
Level 7

Deon017
Level 8
A very bad habit to just blame and shame without being very sure of the facts and warning people away. Asking would of been a much better approach

Korth
Level 14
I think it's a false positive, as Nate says.

Remove or quarantine the infected ROG http object, of course, it's of no consequence anyways. The only legit thing these forums (or more accurately, your browser) would possibly store on your computer would be cached page data which can (and in fact often should) be happily deleted on a regular basis. Your Kaspersky flagged this trojan before so - assuming it did somehow infect your computer from that webpage - Kaspersky will do it again.

Can't be too paranoid about digital hygiene, though. Run another antivirus (Avast, AVG, F-Secure, Trend, whatever) to confirm that your Kaspersky Antivirus itself hasn't been corrupted by a tricky virus, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]