cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Management Tool/Utility

gambas43
Level 7
Hi co-Asus ROG owners,
can i have your suggestion about my query.
I have asus rog g501, and i want to have a power management tool that will stop the charging when my laptop's battery percentage goes into 50 or 60%.
do asus have this kind of software? or any 3rd party apps. kindly pls help me.
Thanks...
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
Hello gambas43 and welcome

Please don't make multiple threads about the same topic, the forum moderators frown on that.

Any particular reason why you don't want your laptop battery fully charged?

gambas43
Level 7
because i want to get my g501's max performance on gaming all the time , so i will not be worried to know if my battery is fully charged already while im playing. my laptop's gaming performance drops when it's on battery mode even i choose the power option "high performance" it helps but my fps in nba 2k15 drops significantly and its not smooth as when my laptop is plugged in.

Nate152

gambas43
Level 7
so its ok to let it charge to full 100% while im playing games?
does it not make the temperature on my laptop go mad?
Thanks for the reply

Nate152
IYeah it's ok to let it plugged in, once the battery is fully charged it should sit idle. Or if you are able to remove the battery you could do that too.

gambas43
Level 7
it will not go down to 99% and charge the battery all over again?
sorry for my question just needed to ask.
Thanks.

C4RN1
Level 9
Laptop charging systems are designed to quit charging the last 5%. Your charging cycle will charge anywhere from 1%-95%. If you unplug your computer for a couple minutes and get it under 95% it should charge back up to 100%. Though if you are at 97% and plug it in, the computer might say "plugged in, not charging" which is completely normal.

Also if you keep the battery plugged in all the time it's going to last just as long as if you used the battery normally. If you want to preserve the battery you can remove it from the laptop, though it's kind of pointless having a laptop without a battery.

Just stick with the way it was designed and you'll be fine.

marckytanners
Level 7
So is it safe that if my ASUS G501JW battery stops moving at around 88-90 percent? but it still says "plugged-in, charging" I just bought this laptop yesterday. I'm kinda scared because this is my first time encountering this problem.

ariel_levin
Level 8
Joining the request, I really miss the Energy Management tool I had with Lenovo's laptops.
99% of the time my laptop is plugged in. It's not good for lithium batteries to be all the time in extreme percentage (neither low or high), the best for the battery health is to be around 50-60 percent.
Any tool for that please?

Nate152
Have a read through this it's about limiting battery charging.
http://pc.net/helpcenter/answers/cha...ging_threshold

They don't provide any solution in this link, they say "there is no way to modify the battery charging threshold"