cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula Z freezing in BIOS.

sir_bacharach
Level 7
Hi,

I just bought the above board as an upgrade after my previous cooler damaged my old board. I've installed the board and installed my operating system and seem to have absolutely no problems at all in general usage, but it freezes in the BIOS, I can neither use the keyboard or mouse when this happens. I have tried fully updating the BIOS to the most recent version.

I'm not sure if it's perhaps a compatibility issue with one of my other bits of hardware, perhaps the Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard which has been problematic for a while until a recent BIOS release, or perhaps the Corsair Vengeance Gaming mouse?

My Specs are:
AMD FX9590 (Which I know is not officially supported but I know a lot of people seem to be running it without trouble)
ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Z
ASUS ROG Matrix Platinum 980 GTX
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Ram (1866Mhz, but only running at the default of 1333Mhz)
1 SSD, 2 HHDs
Corsair HX750i PSU (Using the software I never seem to go above 470W even whilst gaming.
Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard (Fully up to date BIOS, works fine general use)
Corsair Vengeance Gaming Mouse (never had any problems perviously
Saitek X52 Pro Flight Stick
Corsair H110 Water Cooler

My Idle temp for the socket is about 30-34 Degrees C and board temp idles at about 24 degrees.
I haven't overclocked, I've only clicked Optimal Defaults on the BIOS, which unlocks the processor but clocks it from 4.7Ghz and allows it to Turbo up to 5 Ghz.
The Ram is clocked at 1333Mhz.
I've not had a chance to change anything because I can't stay in the BIOS for longer than a few minutes before I lose the mouse and keyboard, I have a second mouse and keyboard plugged in at the same time which are wireless, and they don't respond either when it happens. It did it both before the BIOS update and after. It's strange how the machine performs perfectly well in general use and has never crashed yet, and I still have problems with the BIOS. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob.
1 REPLY 1

Nate152
Hello sir_bacharach and welcome

1) Disconnect all usb devices including the wireless mouse and keyboard, let the vengeance mouse connected.

2) Update to the latest bios for your motherboard.

3) Give the cpu a little more voltage.

I hope one of these three suggestions helps you.