cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project VF8

L4mka
Level 7

PROJECT VF8

Hi! I would like to start my next scratch build project!

My main idea is to have really own and unique design of big tower case 🙂

Placing motherboard in unusual position - connectors will be located down in the case.
Also I want fit there two 480 radiators for best cooling performance.
Next part is interconnect acrylic panel for coolant between top and bottom part of case - CNC machined hopefully 😄

As in my previous project this will be lasercutted mostly too.
There will be used same folding system as in my previous project.
I am not sure about final color theme (fluid, fans, etc.) so I decided to not show final render of project.
So I will always share only next part of build rendered.
This time is main frame of case 🙂

About the color theme.
My most favourite is black inside, white outside and coolant red or white pastel with Aurora booster.
Coolant color depends mostly on platform Z97 (Formula VII) - red, X99 (Deluxe) - white.

Materials:

Steel
Aluminium
Acrylic

Capacity:

Position for two 480 mm radiators (60 mm and 30 mm thickness)
ATX motherboard
Three positions for 2,5" SSDs and one position for 3,5" HDD
Position for two D5 pumps

Computer will be again water-cooled using products from the best companies.

Components:

Intel i7 4790K
ASUS Formula VII
ASUS GTX970 SLI
PSU V1000 CoolerMaster
SSD and RAM undecided
JetFlow and FP 120 FANs by CoolerMaster

and also watercooling, but about it another time.. 😄

Proudly sponsored by these amazing companies!

In this time I am working on two another projects, so I will try to add more very soon!
Here is first progress photo - first batch of lasercutted parts 🙂

22 REPLIES 22

Nate152
I can make suggestions for your ram and ssd.

The G.Skill Trident X will match colors nice with your motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231589

I don't know what you will be doing with your pc other than gaming but a 1TB drive is usually sufficient.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-SATA-Internal-MZ-7KE1T0BW/dp/B00LF10KTE

Keep the pictures coming it looks like a good start. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
I can make suggestions for your ram and ssd.

The G.Skill Trident X will match colors nice with your motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231589

I don't know what you will be doing with your pc other than gaming but a 1TB drive is usually sufficient.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-SATA-Internal-MZ-7KE1T0BW/dp/B00LF10KTE

Keep the pictures coming it looks like a good start. 🙂

Thanks for your advice 🙂 But I think this will not be possible as the RAM and SSD supports Kingston HyperX 😄

L4mka
Level 7
UPDATE 1

So finally we have the first update 🙂 Really somehow catch .. But I have done most of the frame - missing only the front and back that will give case the necessary stability and overall had a very firm and of course closed.

Almost complete and only to test composite frame. Mostly will be used to assemble the M3 screws with countersunk head and in some places the classic M4 in combination with safety mothers.

But now even the individual parts. The first is the bottom where it will be all over the state. Just come into it mentioned M4 screws with locking nuts.

The upper part is almost the same piece with the difference that there are four holes for mounting of a radiator with fans.

The first of the sidewalls of the frame is the "front" which are also prepared all the necessary holes for mounting the second radiator.

The second rear sidewall to that is probably nothing to say. 😄

Joining the panel that connects the sides and at the same time divides the case.

The last episode, which I have done at the moment, is the one which will be mounted on the motherboard and expansion vessel. Again, this is designed so as in the previous project to this entire episode went slightly shove out with "content".

Here are drawn last two frame parts, namely front and back. Cutted and bent should be next week and then will complete enclosure frame 🙂

Even simple 3D render.

The overall appearance I have every day more and more clear. Here's a little taste 😛

Partly I have only the appearance but also already have confirmed drives and RAM memory by HyperX and it is amazing, really hot products 🙂

You can check them here
http://bit.ly/1EaastQ and here http://bit.ly/1yR9G4S

For today, it's all 🙂

UPDATE 2

Finally, I am clear about the appearance of the case! 😄 Even though I do not know the color of ventilators and water, I'll deal with when it comes. So far, I probably like most realistic option seems pastel red water is a mixture of silver and white JetFlow fans from Cooler Master.

Final renderings of the entire frame - it will thus painted black.

Anyway, here are a few quick renders the overall look, I chose mostly sharp lines up at the front door. This again is a bent sheet metal and thus "trimmed" front and appearance 🙂

At this moment I have finished the frame, two small bugs .. 😞

The last two missing parts of the frame. Front and rear that give cabinet the necessary stability and of course the possibility of mounting the rear discs and sources.

There appeared first mistake. I do not know why but will not burn out groove, perpendicular to these openings, which should be inserted sheets of graphics cards. That is the description 😄 But you know what I mean.

On the front part is nothing special, cut two holes - one for the second window, and for access to the bottom.

Backside. You can see the mounting holes for three 2.5 "drives and PSU.

Full frame, ie up to the guy who stands leaning to the right and even the middle part, where the board. They still have to repair / remodel 🙂

This week, perhaps I ought to do to catch even outdoor plates, so I will be able to put an entire case painted and then it will be a little more interesting when it comes to fitting hardware 🙂

UPDATE 3

Last week I had of going outdoors finished sheets 
Outdoor panels and their installation 🙂

The upper part of the "grill" through which hot air is blown from the upper radiator

Sides, this time without the grill, because I want to bring out fully illuminated JetFlow fans. Color, unfortunately, still I do not know 😄

The second sidewall. Here I put the grill so that air from the radiator can at least partially out and did not keep it inside. And also because without him it looked strange 😄

Front panel has sides bent - to be the ancestor really clean and without screws. Overall appearance of the cabinets so smooth and clean.

Detail recessed countersunk holes for M3 screws.

Assembly of individual parts on the frame. Everything fit 🙂

Anyone still remembers my cat? This picture says it all .. Cat is everywhere! 😄

Detail of the bend and the connection frame and mounting plate outside.

I am going this week on week off and meanwhile the case itself powder coated 😄 So the first week of July will be another update with painted case and afterwards the assembly of components 🙂

UPDATE 4

Outside is really awful hot weather so in this evening I finally complete the whole case 🙂

The entire frame in all its splendor and finally painted. Everything fits beautifully and so far no problem 🙂

Front view. And there will be window too, so it will be nice to see in computer 🙂

Rear side, there will be hidden cables, power supply, pumps, etc 😄

Detail painting and you can also see two holes for bulkheads for water cooling.

Not too much on the backside. Only the mounting hole for power supply and three SSDs.

Main part of case, there is space for mounting motherboard and all components.

Space for three HyperX SSD 🙂

After mounting the frame I had to only mount the white cover sheets.

Complete assembled case 🙂 To these the pictures I probably do not have anything to add, I hope you will enjoy it. It turned out exactly as rendered.

At this point, the project manager came back and had to check everything 😄

The inspection was very strict 🙂

Last picture with better lighted interior, which is waiting only for hardware to be there all fitted! 🙂 More soon !!

UPDATE 5

Today it is just a front - update 😄 I want you to show great things from my sponsors, which will be mounted into case first 🙂

First, I would like to thank Aquatuning.de for constant support and sent radiators and two pumps 🙂

And here a little taste of installation in case! More coming on the weekend 🙂

I also have to thank Cooler Master, who supports me in every project! For this one they sent me PSU V1000 (about it another day :D), eight high-performance and at the same time quiet FP120 and twelve pieces of variously colored JetFlow fans - because at that time I still did not know the color scheme

More coming soon! 🙂

L4mka
Level 7
UPDATE 6

Finally, there is the promised update 🙂

There is radiator ALPHACOOL UT60 480 mm and on it fans Cooler Master JetFlow in white. Unfortunately they are not entirely super quiet - must be a lot of (via PWM) regulate, but visually they look really cool 🙂

Radiator, as its name suggests, 60 mm thick and provides a really great cooling performance.

There are also six G1 /4" threads in different directions for fittings.

And here about half as thick radiator - ALPHACOOL ST30 and Cooler Master FP120 fans with PWM control. These are very quiet and provide a lot of pressure and airflow 🙂

This radiator already offers only two G1 /4" threads, which is not something I see as limiting.

Mounted radiators into the prepared sites in the case was easy 😄 Unfortunately I did not get a black countersunk screws and therefore the silver, but it is not matter, because over them comes the white cover.

This space is obviously still fills two D5 pumps, the PSU and the pile of all kinds of cables 😄

One thread on the radiator would like to use for mounting the drain port.

More soon! Stay tuned 🙂

UPDATE 7

In recent days, I again met the terrible duties, so I could not move forward on this project. Therefore, I now only show the hardware from HyperX 🙂
Of course I want to thank HyperX for the great support and cooperation on my projects!

Guys please check these links! It will help me a lot 🙂

http://bit.ly/1EaastQ and http://bit.ly/1yR9G4

I received three Savage SSDs (2x120, 1x240) and 16 GB RAM also from a series of Savage. Drives very soon will go to the white paint..

Here are a few photos 🙂

If you are interested in more look at these links to find out more 🙂

http://bit.ly/1EaastQ and http://bit.ly/1yR9G4S

More coming soon! 🙂