New ROGer Array

G551 BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Good day!

I recently bought an Asus G551. After a week, I got this Driver_Power_State_Failure. I thought I just need to update some drivers, so I checked the control panel to see if there were outdated drivers. I haven't found any.

After some time it occurred again. I started getting worried. The recent drivers I installed were Razer's Synapse and a driver for Abyssus Essential and another for a printer. I thought it had something to do with my keyboard (Razer Deathstalker) since after sometime the laptop beeps as if a USB was unplugged and my keyboard stops working for around 2-3 seconds.

I tried reinstalling the drivers for those 3 but it seems it doesnt work. Kinda worried with the BSOD every once in a while. It doesn't occur at any particular time though.

Has anybody been experiencing the same?

Help would be much appreciated

ROG Member Array

I've been experiencing the same thing for weeks now ever since I bought my new G551JW. I just had to live with disabling the nVidia drivers whenever I'm on battery. nVidia driver is the thing that causes the BSOD and there is not a single fix to it .I downloaded the ASUS modified driver and no joy. I removed the nVidia drivers with DDU and then re-downloaded it and still no joy. Whenever I turn on and it's on battery I just go to drivers and disable the nVidia ones and then if I ever wanna play games I plug it in power and turn the drivers on again. Which is a bull**** solution but at least it works

New ROGer Array

So it just needs to be plugged O.O now that you mentioned it I do get BSOD when im on battery.

So it has nothing to do with my peripherals. Thanks man!

ROG Member Array

Yeah. Just stay plugged whenever you're gonna play any game. if you start a game or do anything that conflicts with the graphics card and it's not on charge you will get a BSOD. it's annoying but it's a fix for now

New ROGer Array

Thanks again! I just hope they can fix it soon. Its too early for our laptops to have this BSOD problem O.O

Its kinda reassuring that I'm not the only one having this problem.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Try going onto your power management Advanced set up and set USB to stay on all the time.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro