cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

titan black or titan x

aliÃ_nlÃ_
Level 8
hi people 😄
i have got 2x asus titan black i want to buy titan X and what is your opinions ? money isn't problem
thank you 😄
6 REPLIES 6

Korth
Level 14
Good old GPUBoss offers a direct comparison summary. While some of their scoring methods seem somewhat mysterious and arbitrary, the conclusions they draw from their scores are quite decisive.

Titan X is a superior GPU on any fps game or benchmark, no contest. Mostly because it has a very phat 12GB of GDDR5.

Titan Black has fully-enabled double-precision FP capability. If you do any GPGPU Compute, CUDA, simulation, mining, or other such stuff then you already know this capability matters for your application far more than any number of fps.

Personally, I view the Titan X as being more sort of like a "980Ti Black", and the lack of FPDP means that in the long run it'll price out more like a 780Ti than like a true Titan. Money may be no object, but I wouldn't advise expecting it to retain it's resale value a few years down the road like all of its Titan predecessors.

And personally, I would wait until Q3/2015. AMD will roll out its full Rx-300 Series product line. NVidia is expected to release a 980Ti and to "surprise" us with yet another new extreme-tier product. Even if you aren't especially interested in these new GPUs, you can still take advantage of the Titan X (along with all other existing GPUs) shuffling down a spot on the pricing hierarchy. Another bonus - a few newer and better factory-overclocked nonreference Titan X cards might be available by then, since NVidia will have shifted its focus onto their newest new baby and allow the NVidia Partners to do their own thing.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

aliÃ_nlÃ_
Level 8
thank you 😄 I will wait with black edit. for several months.

Nate152
Hello

Two Titan blacks in sli will out perform a single Titan x. The only real reason to move to the Titan x would be if you plan on getting a 4k monitor and then you would want at least two Titan x's.

Some games are already using 6GB of vram at 4k such as shadow of morder with the HD pack.

aliÃ_nlÃ_
Level 8
I dont think to 4k monitor.I will use 1080p monitor.now single titan x better than 2x sli titan black for1080p or need to buy 4k moitor?

Nate152
You won't notice any difference as both a single titan x and the titan blacks in sli will easily do 60FPS at 1080p. A 4k monitor would be a nice upgrade from a 1080p monitor as you would get 4 times the image quality.

Then you would want at least two titan x's and possibly a third to run a 4k monitor.

Korth
Level 14
It's not really fair to compare two cards vs one card or one card vs two cards. Especially since the Titan Black and Titan X basically have the same $$$$ pricetag and power requirements.

2-SLI Titan Blacks will outperform one Titan X, certainly. I assumed you would upgrade both cards together.

The Titan Blacks should still retain good resale value after Q3/2015, anyhow. For at least another year or two, I think, until enough newer-and-better workstation cards are available that "older" (but still superior to a Titan Black) workstation cards drop down to Titan Black price levels.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]