cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme A2 Error - Please help (First Build)

Kman69
Level 7
Hi there, Would really appreciate some help please. This is my first build and feeling a little over my head now!!

Current Set up -

Asus v Rampage Benchmark
Intel i7 5930k
2 x GTX 980 Galax SOC
2 x Samsung 256GB SSD PRO
Avexir core red series 32GB (4 x 8GB)
Corsair HXi1000

So i built my rig and switched it on and everything fired up perfectly first time, loading BIOS. At this point i checked my basics -

CPU temp was fine (Running at 27c)
All cores were active
RAM was all up and running and shoing on bios
both GPU's were showing too.

I then set up my 2 SSD's in RAID0 and attempted to install windows with a external CD drive. This is where i started to encounter issues. I got to the point of selecting which drive to install windows too and then i encountered an error message with "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers bios menu"

At this point i closed the installer down and went back to the BIOS settings. In EZ mode the only optional "Bootable Drive" is my external CD drive and whilst the BIOS is showing the HDD and 2 x SSD's it doesnt have them as an option to select as a bootable drive.

Now at this point i played around with the settings a little (with limited knowledge and mainly following forum support) and the last setting i recall changing was disabling an option called CSM...

When i saved and restarted my system, it then failed to load in to bios. Now i have been unable to load back in to BIOS since. When i restart the system, i get the ROG logo with "Hit F2 or Del to enter BIOS setup" but when i hit it, the screen remains on, but blank and nothing appears. I have attempted safe boot button on the motherboard, again it loads the screen saying it is in safe mode and to press F1 to enter setup. As soon as i press this, the monitor remains powered, but the screen is blank.....

A couple other things to note -

1 - I have changed monitors
2 - i have an A2 error code on the motherboard
3 - I'm not 100% sure, but it does appear the screen resolution has changed since i was unable to get in to BIOS settings. on the page i can see which prompts me to hit F2, this seems much clearer like the resolution has chnaged. not sure if that indicates anything or not?

Would really appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Drives will not be available to select as a bootable device unless they are indeed bootable. Your external optical drive may not be compatible with Intel's latest USB standards as employed on the X99 platform. Try installing Windows from a properly prepared USB stick.

would you wind explaining a little more please...

So are you saying i am unable to load the OS on to my SSD's in RAID0 then? i'm not sure how installing windows from a prepared USB differs from direct from an optical drive? (apologies for my simpleton ways, this is my first attempt at all of this)

Nate152
Hello Kman69

With your pc powered down and the psu switch on press and hold the clear cmos button for 3 seconds, this should let you back into the bios.

here is the raid set up guide, under comments Marshall explains how to set it up.

http://rog.asus.com/77402012/rampage-motherboards/what-is-raid-setup-guide/

Thanks for the response. Any idea on how i can get back in to my BIOS settings? that's my main issue now!

Kman69
Level 7
Ok, so i turned all the power off and removed the battery out of my motherboard, put it back in and fired her up. Now she is loading BIOs again....

now to work out how to make the SSD's run in RAID0 and load windows on to them....

Kman69 wrote:
Ok, so i turned all the power off and removed the battery out of my motherboard, put it back in and fired her up. Now she is loading BIOs again....

now to work out how to make the SSD's run in RAID0 and load windows on to them....

The link below should help you get your Windows on an USB flash drive properly.

How to Create a Bootable UEFI USB Flash Drive for Installing Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.

Kman69 wrote:

Did you try the CMOS clear button on the rear IO before removing the battery?

Nate152

Kman69
Level 7
Thanks everyone for your help. I'm up and running now 🙂