cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS set up FX-9590 Croshair V Formula Z Vengeance Pro 32Gb@2133Mhz Help Please

jarokamaro007
Level 7
Hi.Can someone help me wit set up in Bios please?What i need to change there to get this stable @ 5Ghz?I had it runing in full phase mode but somethimes system crashes :(I am using this pc only for gaming...
5 REPLIES 5

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi jarokamaro007. No two systems are the same and a definitive set of Bios settings is not possible and may not work.

Changes to your Bios settings will depend on your cooling capability and the strength of your IMC in conjunction with your DIMMs, as the FX-9590 will run hot under load, TPD draw 220W.
Have you conducted a stress test on the CPU to determine temps at stock 4.7GHz ? (post results)

If and when you are stable at 4.7GHz, we can help you tune for 5.0GHz turbo, however, heat will be the problem with the MB VRMs as you go higher and more cooling required.

Have you attempted any OCs, if so reset CMOS and allow the Bios to run D.O.C.P initially with other settings on Auto, then conduct a stress test with Prime95 (small FFT) to check all cores are stable for about 20 mins, whilst monitoring temps.(CoreTemp)

Please report back with results.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

jarokamaro007
Level 7
Hi MeanMachine.Ok i understand.I set everything in BIOS like u said...D.O.C.P everything rest on auto and after 46 min prime 95 i have this results..

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi jarokamaro007 and thanks for the report.

Your temps are a little high with your system at 4.7GHz stock and core temp at 77c under load.
Mine tops at 66-68c on small FFT, so there is only a little more headroom for 5GHz unless you can improve your cooling. (Fans and radiator)
One way is to add a small fan to the backplate behind the CPU, as I have done and gained around 4-5c.

Your next step is to raise your multiplier in the Bios to 24.5 for a 4.9GHz OC.
Set AI overclock tuner to manual.
Go to DIGI+ power control and set CPU load line calibration to high and CPU current capability to 120%.
Leave the rest on Auto for now.
once set, key in static values for NB and HT. and using the + and - keys to increase CPU frequency, then save this profile.
exit Bios and reboot.
You are now going to stress test this without any voltage increases initially, so run your stress test again to see how much CPU temp increases.
(You are probably going to get annoying warnings from AISuite)

If you are stable at 4.9GHz, then increase your core voltage a couple of small steps up and change the multiplier to 25 for 5.0GHz.

Your temps will determine how far you can go, Only make small changes at a time and do not make arbitrary changes without knowing what they do and the consequence of that change.

It may take quite a few reboots and tweaks before you reach your goal, so take your time and have fun.

Please report back with results.

MM

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

jarokamaro007
Level 7
Hi MeanMachine.Ok so i am going to put one extra 240mm radiator wit fans...at the moment im waiting for 2nd graphic card and waterblock for MB.so when i receive it i will order that radiator and put everything together.I will post report then ok?Thank U very much for help 🙂

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi jarokamaro007. Yes you will need all the cooling help you can provide to keep that baby in check.

Another thing to remember too, adding a second GPU will raise temps within your case and also your PSU will be at its limit.

I forgot to mention also, Ensure that the 4pin socket on the MB is occupied to assist the CPU. (not all PSUs come with the extra 4pin cable) and also the 4pin EZ plug to help your GPUs.

Good luck and, I luck forward to some good results.

MM

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]