cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(League of Legends) Massive frame drop on games - solved?

alvin090691
Level 7
good day everyone,

i recently bought this laptop (May 1st 2015) since it has a better (way better) specs than my old laptop for better gaming options
but when i play games (League of legends to be specific) sometimes it has massive fps drops even on low settings ::(
it doesn't happen on my old laptop and G501 has obviously pretty good hardware even for LoL. My old laptop specs were
i7 740qm/gt420m/8gb 1333mhz ddr3 ram/win 7 and it can play LoL on very high settings (shadows low/AA off) without any problems
i know it's because of the intel integrated graphics and i tried tuning Nvidia settings on "prefer high performance nvidia proc" and
it still happens ::( even setting applications manually doesn't work ::( even disable intel graphics card wont work and there is no option in bios to disable intel graphics card. can anyone tell me the best option for this kind of problem?
2 REPLIES 2

cajun_azn
Level 7
Hi Alvin,

Have you tried the solution described here:
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=934537

high and sorry for the long reply.. it seems that i tinkered too much at nvidia settings and caused massive frame drops to games and AVG anti virus caused more problems deleting some files in win32 😐 tried refreshing it and it works great again!